The Mobius cycle cam, does anyone have one, & what do you think

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Last year I put a fair amount of time in to researching various cycle cams.

My criteria included picture quality (including night vision), price and probably one or two other aspects that suited my needs-like mounts & physical size, and especially file type of recorded footage.

The price was around 60 odd pounds. I ordered the cam and all the extras from Amazon which I think came to 90 quid in total. By extras, I mean the specific class of micro sd card that is compatible with this cam, a handle bar clamp, and even a car suction mount in case I wanted to try it as a rear facing cam in the car (yes it doubles as a 12v dash type cam if required).

I received all the bits & pieces but the seller failed to send the cam. A refund was obtained for the cam from Amazon. I kept the accessories as I still intend to get one of these Mobius cams.

I just wondered if anyone on here had the Mobius. For anyone that is interested, please note that the manufacturer changes the specs occasionally. The most recent upgrade last year was a wide angled lense, so please do your homework on these. They have probably done another upgrade by now.

Sixmile

Veteran
I have the Mobius and like yourself, purchased it after a little bit of research. I purchased it from Banggood for around £50 I think just for the camera. I predominately use it now as a dash cam in the car but do take it out on the bike when I remember! I have both the handlebar and helmet mounts. The battery life isn't great, maybe over an hour or so and every so often it just randomly switches off or refuses to record even when the battery is charged. I can only put this down to using the camera in light rain conditions, I would never have let it get soaked but I think having exposed it to moisture may have compromised the camera in some way. Most of the time it works fine and I'm pleased with the picture quality and the downloadable software for it is simple and easy to use. It's light and compact and overall I've been happy with it. I think I'm ready for a camera upgrade though just for a bit more battery life!

The upgraded model has the C2 lense (wide angle). Apparently this model has a 850mAh battery, so should be better all round.

The firmware on the Mobius cams can be upgraded. It is worth checking to see if you have the latest updates for your cam. Also, class 4 memory cards are recommended for the Mobius cam.

It is worth updating the firmware to see if it will solve the issue you are having with the cam refusing to record etc.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?1904559-The-Mobius-1-ActionCam-Support-Thread-

Last edited:

jarlrmai

Veteran
If the camera is for bad driving I think you are best with a gopro or a clone, half the battle is prevention and people recognise a gopro.

jarlrmai

Veteran
Thats a good point. I have never thought of that. Maybe we could all start wearing dummy GoPros.

I used to have this

maxresdefault.jpg

on the hat.

But when I got a go-pro copy I actually noticed a difference in driving.

Slick

Guru
I got a gopro at the weekend, so early days, but unfortunately I've yet to notice any improvement in diver behaviour. The quality of the picture is excellent though.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Bloody submarines.:rolleyes:

Top Bottom