The most absorbent material known to man..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave5N

Über Member
(or woman :becool:)

must surely be Oatibix.

I just had one for lunch (buried under Rice Krispies) and I had to keep adding milk - must have soaked up several litres.

Do they use them for flood defences? They should.

OP
OP
Dave5N

Dave5N

Über Member
How do I edit the title to say 'absorbent'?

:becool:

Abitrary

oatibix - as used by NASA

I'd actually find a list of materials *not* used by NASA more interesting

domtyler

Über Member
Maybe Oatibix are an initial attempt at combating the effects of global warming? Instead of Icebergs at the Poles we could have Oatibergs?

Frazer

incidentally, they are also the most boring food known to man. I love weetabix, and like porridge, which is just oats anyway. But oatibix...eurgh. Its like chewing on a spongy sort of cardboard. Which perhaps also explains the absorbency...

I'm banned from eating the Oatibix Minis. Especially on space stations. They're so moreish that I eat loads. The resulting trouser eruptions are quite, quite staggering (and I speak as one who is generously blessed in the foul emanations department).

Sh4rkyBloke

Jaffa Cake monster
My Wife's pockets must rate up there somewhere, unsure quite how much of my cash seems to disappear in there and it can't be by any other means (evaporation / osmosis etc.).

Can't stand Oatibix - sorry - it should be banned along with coffee and tea.

k-dog

incidentally, they are also the most boring food known to man. I love weetabix, and like porridge, which is just oats anyway. But oatibix...eurgh. Its like chewing on a spongy sort of cardboard. Which perhaps also explains the absorbency...

Definitely disgusting - I'm the same as you, I liked the sound of the combination and they were half price in my local when they were released so I bought 4 boxes. Couldn't even get through one.

Top Bottom