The most disgusting foods in the world

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
How they omitted Natto bean is beyond me. Perhaps the memory of the icky rotting taste and sticky, stringy, slimey texture so traumatic it was repressed.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
a friend of mine was in a banquet in China where they were treated to various normally costly delicacies. A highlight was buffalo stomach. He described it as being a bit like the wings from one of those rubber Halloween bats on elastic smeared in chilli sauce

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
A post from me in 2007 ^_^^_^

I'll eat anything, me, and I usually like it. Octopus is delish, but oddest things I've had are raw lamb with herbs in Syria, duck's cheeks (= bill +flesh) and chicken feet in China, a cup of lard with bread in Poland. Things I don't like are innocuous: celery, and also mint sauce. :biggrin:

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
What's wrong with mealies?

Mmmmm, mealies :hungry:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
My stars, this thread is 7 pages of people who are completely wrong.
The worst food in the world is andouillette and if you disagree with me you have two options.
You can either try eating andouillette or you can fight me.
AGREE!
Was once on holiday in France cooking some 'sausages' when the disgusting, overpowering smell (of colon) forced everyone out of the building.

We didn't/couldn't eat them. The local wildlife wouldn't touch the evil things either.

gbb

Legendary Member
Picture013.jpg

I will eat most stuff although have never eaten anything that bad...but a working trip in Egypt provided me with some of the most unenjoyable food I ever ate.
The pigeon above was...surprising, mainly because they'd removed the meat then stuffed it with rice I think, which made it look like it was stuffed with maggots. :whistle:
Shame the food at my workplace wasn't like the food I enjoyed en route in a roadside cafe somewhere an hour outside Cairo..gorgeous and cheap.

alicat

Legendary Member
Casu marzu, or to be more precise, casgiu merzu as found in Corsica. Cheese with grubs in it. I had great trouble deciding whether to gulp it down or chew it very, very thoroughly. I did like the taste - like strong stilton. I was grateful for the eau de vie offered afterwards.

@Almartino likes it.
Though he looks at most living things with a view to how he would cook it!
It takes all kinds to make a world, I suppose.
People are rightly warned off Surströmming and Kæstur Hákarl but Monsieur Andouille is presented as if it was a delicious sausage in mustard sauce rather than a biohazardous trick to play on unsuspecting tourists.

Cut into it and the smell hit me :sad: Even tried a few forkfuls (I was naive and feeling adventurous on my first time unsupported cycling in France). Everything about is is dreadful.

It is my life's work to stop people from making the same error.

Top Bottom