The most disgusting foods in the world

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Is that still there? There were plans to get rid of it and lots of motorists raised objections as it was a landmark on their journey.
Hmm, apparently someone has changed it to "Give Helch a break"
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-45593174

PK99

Legendary Member
What about cow tongue? There i was years ago in this kitchen i was working in when i was asked by the boss to open this big catering tin of tongue from France.
I tipped it out to see a whole cow's tongue in gelatine fall out!:ohmy: We were fed this stuff as children,not actually knowing what it was..even though there's a clue in the title:rolleyes:,but hey! we were only children.:okay:. I actually liked the stuff then,but when i found out what it was...xx( xx(

I once worked in a lambs' tongue canning factory. 30 minutes in on day 1 I was up to my elbows is a multi-bathtub sized vat of raw, brined lambs tongues - still find it difficult to face 40 years on!

Last edited:

Electric_Andy

Heavy Metal Fan
I've had liquorice and haggis, and tripe (I had tripe and testicle stew in spain). I've also had Surstrumming which was hideously smelly but not quite as bad as it tasted. I've tried a century egg which was not much to taste but the look and texture of it was horrible.

That baby mice drink is horrendous. But I guess some people would think cow's tongue is worse, which was always quite popular in our house at christmas.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
How about pickled pig's knuckles and tails?:ohmy:
8514-6341279-He_chose_pickled_pig_knuckles_and_pig_tails_as_his_last_meal_on_-a-15_1541070671524.jpg

This fellow's going to the electric chair tonight and for some strange reason he's chosen this as a last meal.xx(
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...xecuted-meal-pickled-pigs-knuckles-tails.html

What happened to the usual 10 bacon and cheese burgers,followed by a bucket of choc chip ice cream?:scratch:

Oldbloke

Guru
What about cow tongue? There i was years ago in this kitchen i was working in when i was asked by the boss to open this big catering tin of tongue from France.
I tipped it out to see a whole cow's tongue in gelatine fall out!:ohmy: We were fed this stuff as children,not actually knowing what it was..even though there's a clue in the title:rolleyes:,but hey! we were only children.:okay:. I actually liked the stuff then,but when i found out what it was...xx( xx(

As kids we had tongue, remember it being dry & thinly sliced for sandwiches, not unlike usual ham. Gave me a big shock first time I ordered it as main course in France!

Worst bit was chewing a piece that still had some skin on itxx(xx(xx(

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Kiviak sounds like an acquired taste.

Kiviak is relatively simply to make. First, collect approximately 400 Auks. Then, stuff them—beaks, feathers, feet, and all—into the hollowed-out body cavity of a seal, Tauntaun-style. Next, press out as much air as possible from the carcass and seal it with seal grease to prevent spoilage. Finally cover the meat bag with a large rock pile for approximately 3-18 months. During this time, the Auks ferment within the seal until they can be eaten—raw. Thanks to a layer of fat within the seal sack, the Auks soften while they ferment allowing every part of the bird—save feathers—to be consumed.

vickster

Legendary Member
Cold egg in any form (other than baked into a cake or custard). Egg in mayonnaise the worst. Why would you want to put something that stinks like that into your mouth?? xx(xx(xx(

Top Bottom