The most disgusting foods in the world

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Ah, is that what it's called? A colleague brought some back from Thailand, the initial flavour isn't so bad but the lingering aftertaste is rank and lasts at least a day. She was not popular in the office.
We brought one back from Bangkok in one of our backpacks without any problems until we got on the Tube at Heathrow. Nobody sat within three yards of us.

They smell pretty awful but they are absolutely delicious.

simonali

Guru
Everyone knows that peas are the world's most horriblest foodstuff.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Everyone knows that peas are the world's most horriblest foodstuff.
Kenneth Williams.png

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I'm just surprised durian fruit didn't make the list. A work colleague once went to China for a holiday and came back bearing the obligatory assortment of sweets for the office. Among them was a packet of chewy sweets that looked like Starburst (which will always be Opal Fruits to me) but tasted like sewage. Every single person who tried one spat it back out again and came out with expletives. A whole bag of durian fruit chews .... uuurgh!!!! She was so embarrassed that she removed the bag immediately and threw it away. ( I was all for placing it on the end of the bank of tables among the other sharing sweets that regularly get raided by one of our senior officers).

Durian is delicious

Four on the list. Obvs licorice and haggis. But also the mouse wine and bull's penis (wine was fine, penis was a bit grim)

I've had a lot worse. Fried silk worm larvae sticks in my mind

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next

Lullabelle

Banana
Two - licorice and haggis.

I like both of those

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Some haggis is rank but some are quite tasty, its all down to the right blend of spice etc to suit your taste buds :smile:

When I did basic training in the RN, my parents brought a proper haggis down for my passing out parade. I got the cooks to prepare it for our last meal at Raleigh and they stuck it in a steamer. When we went in at lunchtime, there were about 8 lads at our table preparing to tuck in as one of the cooks brought it out. As it was cut open, the aroma filled the mess hall and dozens of English and Welsh lads came over to try it. I barely got a forkful as it went down a treat with everyone. If you can forget what's in it, a good one smells amazing and tastes lovely.

Top Bottom