The new hypocrit(e) thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Brilliant! I can add 37195 to my notebook...

Well done, anyway.

Give that cyclist a pat on the back...

Well done Magnatom.

Arch

Married to Night Train
spandex said:
mate you whont to try and ride in york its hell. york is not made for the amount of traffic it has york cc needs to ban ALL traffic.

Ah, but that means it's often at gridlock or at least slow, allowing for filtering and keeping up with the cars. And narrow streets make it easier to claim the lane...

(Also, banning all traffic would involve banning bikes too... And even if they were allowed, do you fancy trying to ride through the average Saturday tourist pedestrian traffic?)

bonj2

magnatom said:
Do you think the bus gave me enough room and was my road position correct?

I was worried about the pedestrian, I though he was going to jump out...

:smile:;)

Not wanting to be picky, but there's more room between you and the kerb than there is between the bus and you. Is that the way it's meant to be? ;)

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
bonj said:
Not wanting to be picky, but there's more room between you and the kerb than there is between the bus and you. Is that the way it's meant to be? :becool:

Spotted here, but not mentioned also.:smile::angry::becool:

I'd complain to his bosses if I were you!

;):laugh:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

bonj said:
Not wanting to be picky, but there's more room between you and the kerb than there is between the bus and you. Is that the way it's meant to be? ;)

:smile: I was cycling past the bus which was stationary, so my fault I guess. However, I think there is still more than 3 feet between me and the bus :becool:

(Picture was taken in disused road by the side of a main road)

Tynan

Veteran
had my first naughty bus overtake close and then cut in to stop, no biggy as I was in a nice strong can type position but annoying and unnecessary none the less

OP
OP
M

magnatom

The press release is out http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/scotland/swscot/news/?item=2033&show=1

Now you know my real name is not Tom! There goes my anonymity:rolleyes:.

I didn't get to see it before they released it but I don't think it is too bad.

I'm not looking for backslapping here, just any comments about the press release. Apparently this story will end up in a lot of trade type publications and it should be in a local paper (Evening Times) either tomorrow or Wednesday. I had a long chat with the reporter so I hope he doesn't misquote me or I didn't say anything stupid!!;)

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
magnatom said:
The press release is out http://www.firstgroup.com/ukbus/scotland/swscot/news/?item=2033&show=1

Now you know my real name is not Tom! There goes my anonymity:rolleyes:.

I didn't get to see it before they released it but I don't think it is too bad.

I'm not looking for backslapping here, just any comments about the press release. Apparently this story will end up in a lot of trade type publications and it should be in a local paper (Evening Times) either tomorrow or Wednesday. I had a long chat with the reporter so I hope he doesn't misquote me or I didn't say anything stupid!!;)

Well done, that man.

Never mind the Borg - you can now put "I am The Doctor" in your posts. Even better sci-fi !

OP
OP
M

magnatom

goo_mason said:
Well done, that man.

Never mind the Borg - you can now put "I am The Doctor" in your posts. Even better sci-fi !

Aye, they did go a wee bit over the top with that!

'City cycling scientist' where in the world did they get that one from? I'd have preferred an urban warrior myself ;)

Brock

'Cycling city scientist Dr David Brennan'. ... Sounds like the introduction to some 80s American TV action show!
'...Mutated by an accidental overdose of gamma radiation, he became part man part bicycle, and now when David Brennan grows angry or outraged, a startling metamorphosis occurs and he becomes......... the incredible MAGNATOM!..'
'Och! peanut! Pull over! Pull over!'
'........Don't make him angry, or YOU'll end up on youtube.'

Sorry mate ;)
Great work, really.

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Brock said:
'Cycling city scientist Dr David Brennan'. ... Sounds like the introduction to some 80s American TV action show!
'...Mutated by an accidental overdose of gamma radiation, he became part man part bicycle, and now when David Brennan grows angry or outraged, a startling metamorphosis occurs and he becomes......... the incredible MAGNATOM!..'
'Och! peanut! Pull over! Pull over!'
'........Don't make him angry, or YOU'll end up on youtube.'

Sorry mate :becool:
Great work, really.

I like it! :becool: So recently I have been likened to Hannibal of the A-Team and now the incredible Hulk! I really must be some sort of cyclehero
superhero :smile:

Interestingly I did work with radioactive substances a few years ago...;)

Top Bottom