The new improved Lance Armstrong discussion thread.*

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PocketFrog

Northern Monkey
Now even the SKY team are at it.

14799_10151429733879873_136672851_n.jpg

Look at him, stoned out of his gourd, he doesn't even know it's not a bike! smh.

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
In the off chance you were lying awake at night wondering what America's greatest moral philosopher Charlie Sheen thinks about Lance Armstrong, your wait is over: He’s “kind of a douche,” the “Anger Management” star told Jay Leno on Thursday on “The Tonight Show.”

When asked about the ongoing revelations about Armstrong’s doping, Sheen -- hardly an exemplar of virtue himself -- revealed that he’s not exactly a fan of the disgraced cyclist. At a party some time ago, he eagerly introduced himself to Armstrong, only to be dismissed with a terse, “That’s nice.”

Radchenister

Veteran
Ashenden is a consistent voice of common sense.

Wise move by Ashenden; never thought he sat all that comfortably amongst the CCN group.

He appeared to be aiming for reasoned, professional and factual impartiality, whilst driven towards a better future (to a certain level, I may be wrong - please correct me) ... and it seemed to me that he wasn't dovetailing all that well with the group's path.

The CCN crew appear to be hanging on to issues in a way that is too personal and reactionary; whilst this might have helped in a revolutionary breaking the seal sort of way, they aren't standing up to suggest really credible forms of solution. I wish them well and all that but balanced governance and better control through scientific means might be the new straight and narrow perhaps - not wobbling on that Greg LeMond should be president (IMO); what would he do if he got there?

yello

In a sense, he is the fall guy. In no sense is he not guilty.

Armstrong put himself in the firing line and that's nobody's fault but his own.

yello

I'm starting to think the Oprah interview did him more damage and in ways unexpected by his PR team

That seems to be the general consensus state-side. His 'confession' lacked any sense of genuine remorse and every sense of blaming circumstances and others.

Top Bottom