the new u2 album

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
'put on yer boots' de ne de nedene dene nene......

it's horseshit. embarrasing, even.

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
the fact that bands like u2 are still around and being trumpeted is an indication of the sad state of british music. the fact that nothing decent has replaced them is a sad state of affairs. the same goes for the cure too, but at least robert smith isn't trying to pretend he's the solution to the world's problems.

papercorn2000

I'm not impressed with the latest but when they are on form they can knock out some pretty good rawk songs.
I think this latest one sounds a bit like mid 90's Alice in Chains.

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
papercorn2000 said:
I'm not impressed with the latest but when they are on form they can knock out some pretty good rawk songs.
I think this latest one sounds a bit like mid 90's Alice in Chains.

the first four studio albums are indeed quality. the joshua tree was the watershed album that a) made them :biggrin: broke them (delete as you see fit).

papercorn2000

:biggrin:
They have been a bit patchy since then.

Loved the Zoo TV gig (Parkhead, Glasgow July '93)

U

User169

alecstilleyedye said:
wish i'd been there, the sugarcubes supported. and i'd have beaten the rush to get out ;)

OT, but I saw the Sugarcubes in Leeds in the late '80s. That pub-bore singer the Sugarcubes had (can't remember his name) antagonised the crowd from start to finish and at one point I really thought he was going to get a good kicking.

Later on, I had the misfortune to share a house with a bloke who sued Bjork claiming he'd composed her debut album. The case did actually get to court, but the claim failed.

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Delftse Post said:
OT, but I saw the Sugarcubes in Leeds in the late '80s. That pub-bore singer the Sugarcubes had (can't remember his name) antagonised the crowd from start to finish and at one point I really thought he was going to get a good kicking.

Later on, I had the misfortune to share a house with a bloke who sued Bjork claiming he'd composed her debut album. The case did actually get to court, but the claim failed.

einar örn bendiktsson, off the top of my head…

what was your housemate's justification for his claim?

U

User169

alecstilleyedye said:
what was your housemate's justification for his claim?

They had briefly worked together - I don't think that was disputed. He took the view that he had composed music that later ended up on Debut. Bjork argued that he was merely a "secretary", recording what she'd written. As I recall, she also argued that he was so off his head on pills that he couldn't possibly have remembered who wrote what in any event. This last bit seemed entirely plausible and it was never really clear to me whether or not he really believed his own story.

Top Bottom