1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The next CC challenge

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Mister Paul, 20 Feb 2008.

1. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

Right.

New members.

I realised this morning that we haven't got any Americans on here. Well none that live in the USA that I can think of. And it got me thinking...

why don't we set a challenge to recruit new members from other countries? Surely some of us know cyclists from abroad who we could persuade to join and then pop in and say hello?

we could see how much of the world we could cover. And Bonj could do one of his pretty maps.

Who knows, maybe one day we could then extend the jersey challenge worldwide.

2. There is one USA guy who posts - in beginners...Joesomethingsomething? I think...:ohmy: Sorry for not remembering y'all :biggrin:

3. Jacomus-rides-Gen

Jacomus-rides-Gen New Member

If the where are you from map is anything to go by the owner of the cute dog in the picture underneath Aperitif's name is in the USA

4. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I don't think AA Gill lives in the USA does he?

5. Someone from the US posted in tour and expedition just before christmas, asking the best way to cycle from London to Birmingham...he got a few facetious replies, unfortunately...

6. walker

walker New Member

I think if others did a search and noticed we was a .co.uk site it would put them off, I know I do when I find US Cycle forums

7. Crackle

Crackle Pah Staff Member

Nigeyy is from the USA [watches as everyone rushes off to check his posts and profile].

8. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

Threefingerjoe is from St Louis. I think I've seen him mainly in Commuting...

Otherwise, I can't help much, I don't really know anyone abroad, apart from my Aunt, Uncle and Cousin in Canada, who I don't really speak to...

Hey! You want Americans?

Rose! There's someone here wants to talk to you!

9. You'd better delete all those posts about her Arch.:biggrin:

10. Mister Paul

Mister Paul Honky

I'm disappointed Arch. You've missed an opportunity to brag about your trip to S.America.

Surely you know a pan-piper who also rides a bike?

11. Arch

Arch Married to Night Train

There were some guys who sold food from loadcarrying trikes in Mexico City, but I didn't really get the chance to strike up conversation. Plus, with the traffic in Mexico City, I'm not sure of their life expectancy...:smile:

12. thank you Arch - I knew it was somethingsomethingjoe

13. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

No! they'd all start forming into their own little cliques. The french lot, and the yank lot, etc. Unless you made a resolution to only allow 1 from each country.

14. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

I know lot's of american musicians...ermm..

15. Abitrary

Abitrary New Member

Screamin' Joe Wrongfinger?