The NHS is FANTASTIC!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
I've been deaf in my left lughole for a while so I phoned the surgery, to make an appointment to have it syrringed, at 10.05 this morning and she said, "Can you get here by 10.30?"

Hopped on the bike and by 10.40 I could here what everyone's saying about to me again. Wonderful service!

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
Surgery has just called to say I've to go to the E.N.T. clinic tomorrow at 11.10. How's that for service?

OP
OP
Globalti

Globalti

Legendary Member
....and the sequel?

Turned up at the sparkling new Blackburn Royal Infirmary at 11:00, parked without difficulty, strolled a few yards into the reception area where I found a very pleasant receptionist waiting to direct me, walked up to the ENT treatment room, waited about 5 minutes, saw the treatment person (houseman?) who said "Oh yes, this is very common" and within 30 seconds had extracted the rogue hair and a couple of others. Two minutes later I was on my way back out of the car park, total cost to me: £1.80 for parking (to have to pay for hospital parking is an insult IMO but that's another issue).

Where else in the world could I have got such efficient service, virtually free at the point of delivery?

Top Bottom