FNRttC The (not the) Fridays Tour of the Low Countries 2015

Which of these week-long tours would you sign up for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gordon P

There's no Calvados? I'll have a beer or a whisky
Both Hoorn & Enkhuizen are worth a visit & the dyke between them is a fine ride along the water. Of course one way or the other it will be into a fierce headwind....

frank9755

Cyclist
Lovely day in Utrecht:

- Visit to the stunning Rietveld Schröderhuis, with sliding walls to turn a three-bed semi into a party venue.
Lovely day. Utrecht is stunning!

Digging up an old tour thread; we took the car to Germany for Easter, and came back via Hoek. It was obviously a shame to drive through all lovely cycling country with my bike on the back of the car, but needs must. However, at one point we got a bit lost on the motorway system round Utrecht and, while driving down a section, thought the view to my right was strangely familiar. At that point, I thought I spotted the Rietveld Schröderhuis (although obviously couldn't remember its name), a very interesting house with moveable walls built by an architect to annoy the hell out of his family, that @theclaud and I visited, and which I remembered had been unfortunately blighted by having a motorway built right next to it. I've just checked on the map, and indeed it was it. It gave me a pleasant reminder of the tour and a lazy day in Utrecht!

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Digging up an old tour thread; we took the car to Germany for Easter, and came back via Hoek. It was obviously a shame to drive through all lovely cycling country with my bike on the back of the car, but needs must. However, at one point we got a bit lost on the motorway system round Utrecht and, while driving down a section, thought the view to my right was strangely familiar. At that point, I thought I spotted the Rietveld Schröderhuis (although obviously couldn't remember its name), a very interesting house with moveable walls built by an architect to annoy the hell out of his family, that @theclaud and I visited, and which I remembered had been unfortunately blighted by having a motorway built right next to it. I've just checked on the map, and indeed it was it. It gave me a pleasant reminder of the tour and a lazy day in Utrecht!

Fantastic place! Don't know who the dashing flâneur strolling out is.

IMAG2232.jpg

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Digging up an old Tour thread yet again (The Fridays Tours never die, they just sit in our memories.....)

Today from the Mr & Mrs Mmmmartin lovenest in Bruges we pottered out en velo to Damme for a bit an airing after A Splendid Lunch.
We popped in to the little pancake house where back in September 2015 The Fridays stopped for an early breakfast after a night in Bruges. The lady in charge came out to our table and I said: "I know we can speak in English because I was here with my cycling club a few years ago." Her reply was: "Are you Martin?"
The Fridays: once met, never forgotten.

20180530_150350.jpg

jiberjaber

Veteran
Digging up an old Tour thread yet again (The Fridays Tours never die, they just sit in our memories.....)

Today from the Mr & Mrs Mmmmartin lovenest in Bruges we pottered out en velo to Damme for a bit an airing after A Splendid Lunch.
We popped in to the little pancake house where back in September 2015 The Fridays stopped for an early breakfast after a night in Bruges. The lady in charge came out to our table and I said: "I know we can speak in English because I was here with my cycling club a few years ago." Her reply was: "Are you Martin?"
The Fridays: once met, never forgotten.

View attachment 411879

Light dusting of full dusting of flour?

Top Bottom