FNRttC The (not the) Fridays Tour of the Low Countries 2015

Which of these week-long tours would you sign up for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
@StuAff
It won't be the Netherlands, probably, because that'll be the same place two years running. But The Fridays might be revolting and demand it, in which case it'll probably be the same time of year as this year.
It might be Berlin, which will be about the same time as this year, because of the weather, but it probably won't be Berlin as it is a long way and getting the bikes back is tricky. (It might involve employing a White Van Man to London then storage, while riders fly.)
It might be the south of France, which will be late September, early September can be very hot.

Wherever it is, it probably won't be May or June as the recce would need to be out of the way by end of April.
It probably won't be roscoff to caen as that is northern France and we have done that lots of times.
It probably won't be the UK unless you're thinking of The FEAR, The Fridays East Anglia Ride, which is a weekend in, err, East Anglia, dates and places and routes as yet undecided by anyone, as I've only just thought of it. But it involves flat lanes, country pubs, the seaside, fish and chips, and possibly beer.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
Sorry not to be more specific but it'll be more a @Gordon P thing again next year, with me doing as I'm told. I might be doing Norway, which is a long trip.

StuAff

Silencing his legs regularly
@StuAff
It won't be the Netherlands, probably, because that'll be the same place two years running. But The Fridays might be revolting and demand it, in which case it'll probably be the same time of year as this year.
It might be Berlin, which will be about the same time as this year, because of the weather, but it probably won't be Berlin as it is a long way and getting the bikes back is tricky. (It might involve employing a White Van Man to London then storage, while riders fly.)
It might be the south of France, which will be late September, early September can be very hot.

Wherever it is, it probably won't be May or June as the recce would need to be out of the way by end of April.
It probably won't be roscoff to caen as that is northern France and we have done that lots of times.
It probably won't be the UK unless you're thinking of The FEAR, The Fridays East Anglia Ride, which is a weekend in, err, East Anglia, dates and places and routes as yet undecided by anyone, as I've only just thought of it. But it involves flat lanes, country pubs, the seaside, fish and chips, and possibly beer.
Obvious answer to the complications getting from Berlin with bikes after a trip is to start the trip from Berlin with bikes. Box bike in cardboard. Fly/trains/both. Recycle cardboard on arrival. Sorted.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
25 people flying with bikes from gatwick into berlin on the same flight? you're 'avin a larf.
then riding into the headwind for 750k?

U

User482

A week away is an impossibility for me, but I'd be very keen on any long weekend.

OP
OP
mmmmartin

mmmmartin

Random geezer
We need two new threads.
indeed. probably a good idea to make sure we know what we're talking about before starting them though. And they'll need to fit in with the dates for night rides - the deciding of which A Round Tuit is needed. Next week. When I am back from being ensconced in this Avignon lovenest with a roof terrace.

redfalo

known as Olaf in real life
The Afsluitdijk sounds an experience not to be missed.
Well, it really depends on the wind. When Kat and I crossed it in 2012, we had it behind us and flew over it.For everyone trying to ride the other way, it must have been a complete and utter nightmare.

Top Bottom