The number of the beast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BigAl68

Über Member
Yesterday on a big ride down the A38 just before you get into Devon I was flying downhill until my bottle went. This was a combination of a) the road surface wasn't great and b) the lorries flying down beside me didn't give much room for error so I free wheeled the rest. Today when I checked my bike computer I see my max speed was as below... No wonder my bottle went
DSC_0598.JPG

classic33

Leg End Member
Mph or Kph

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
I've beaten that speed by 10km/hr on a fully laden tourer. Never again though.
My bottle went half way down as the road bent to the right and the lorries seemed to not follow the same line as me. But on a fully loaded tourer that sounds like new shorts time.

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
It wasn't the speed so much as the number on the computer that gave me a giggle @byegad . I could have stayed low and kept pedaling but they have been resurfacing with the top dressing as seems the norm and it's a horrible A road with big lorries so I sat up a bit and stopped pedalling

OP
OP
BigAl68

BigAl68

Über Member
I will now try and get 61.6 MPH on the computer as that will be the real number of the beast, thanks @Saluki and post it if I don't crash doing it. There is a lovely couple of huge hills in Bath that I think you could get up to that speed first thing on a Sunday morning when most people are still in bed.

Top Bottom