The oldest newbie?

Discussion in 'New Member Introductions' started by Methuselah, 19 Aug 2012.

1. Methuselah

Methuselah Regular

Hi to all.

Just bought my first ever bike. (The last one I owned my father bought a couple of years before the Beatles had their first hit.)
    I'm not proud of this but I believe in honesty so I'll admit that I've bought an Apollo Highway from Halfords.
    OK, I know, but I didn't do enough research. I've found that buying a bike from Halfords is very good exercise. I've had to walk to the store and back four times before the bike became ridable.
    I found this site a couple of days ago and have learned a lot from reading what you friendly knowledgeable people have been saying. I think I might like this bike thing.

2. skudupnorth

skudupnorth Cycling Skoda lover

Welcome to the gang,i hope you will enjoy the banter and help.Whatever bike you ride does not matter as long as you enjoy it ........oh and you must like cake anf Jaffa cakes !

3. OP
    OP
    Methuselah

Methuselah Regular

Thanks Skudupnorht, if it wasn't for cake and Jaffa cakes perhaps I wouldn't need a bike!:blush:

4. Mo1959

Mo1959 Guru

Welcome. Age does not seem to be much of a barrier for cycling. My next door neighbour just turned 70 and cycles around 30 miles most mornings...........and a lot faster than I could and I am 17 years his junior!

5. Mad Doug Biker

Mad Doug Biker Bikeoholics Anonymous

Welcome, and don't worry about the bike, because when it comes down to it, if it makes you happy, then who cares what anyone else thinks?

6. Welcome to CC and I will emulate what the others have said, enjoy the bike :thumbsup:

7. numbnuts

numbnuts Legendary Member

Hi & :welcome: it doesn't matter what you ride as long as your out on bike and age is only numbers :smile:

8. Hi, and welcome along to CC young man :welcome:

9. OP
    OP
    Methuselah

Methuselah Regular

It's so nice to feel welcomed. Thanks to all.

10. BrianEvesham

BrianEvesham Mask is gone!

Welcome from Evesham.

11. Octet

Octet Über Member

Welcome to the forum, providing the bicycle moves then there is nothing wrong with it! :thumbsup:

12. Frankieabbott

Frankieabbott Regular

Welcome from Teesside....age is just a number. I'm just starting up in my mid fifties, (only I haven't progressed to the bike buying stage yet), so you have a start on me. Whatever you do then enjoy it...I'm gonna leave the competing to the young 'uns.

13. compo

compo Veteran

64? Nowhere near the oldest here, but good to have another geriatric along to keep these young wippersnappers in check.

Methuselah and Octet like this.
  14. Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture Internet Marketing bod

It's not the bike that's the thing, it's the fun had wrangling it :smile:

Welcome aboard.

15. Pat "5mph"

Pat "5mph" A kilogrammicaly challenged woman Moderator

Welcome Met :welcome: Lots of fun a bike, does not matter what type, as long as it goes it will take you places. You need to give it a name now that he/she is part of the family :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice