The oldest newbie?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Methuselah

Regular
Hi to all.

Just bought my first ever bike. (The last one I owned my father bought a couple of years before the Beatles had their first hit.)
I'm not proud of this but I believe in honesty so I'll admit that I've bought an Apollo Highway from Halfords.
OK, I know, but I didn't do enough research. I've found that buying a bike from Halfords is very good exercise. I've had to walk to the store and back four times before the bike became ridable.
I found this site a couple of days ago and have learned a lot from reading what you friendly knowledgeable people have been saying. I think I might like this bike thing.

skudupnorth

Cycling Skoda lover
Welcome to the gang,i hope you will enjoy the banter and help.Whatever bike you ride does not matter as long as you enjoy it ........oh and you must like cake anf Jaffa cakes !

Mo1959

Legendary Member
Welcome. Age does not seem to be much of a barrier for cycling. My next door neighbour just turned 70 and cycles around 30 miles most mornings...........and a lot faster than I could and I am 17 years his junior!

OP
OP
Methuselah

Methuselah

Regular
It's so nice to feel welcomed. Thanks to all.

Frankieabbott

Regular
Welcome from Teesside....age is just a number. I'm just starting up in my mid fifties, (only I haven't progressed to the bike buying stage yet), so you have a start on me. Whatever you do then enjoy it...I'm gonna leave the competing to the young 'uns.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Welcome Met :welcome: Lots of fun a bike, does not matter what type, as long as it goes it will take you places. You need to give it a name now that he/she is part of the family :smile:

Top Bottom