The ongoing saga of Cattle Market Road,Bristol

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Last Wednesday morning saw an HGV driver attempting to erect the No Entry sign he's just clouted.

More worrying is what happened on Friday evening as I was on my way home. A 4x4 driver went through all three No Entry signs and so I waved him to stop. Lucky no other vehicles were coming the other way. He said he didn't see the signs (all 3??) and I mentioned that he couldn't get out at the other end as they have put concrete blocks in the way and he'd be driving the wrong way into main traffic.

Instead of reversing, as I would have done, it's always easier to keep going straight ahead. So he does a U-turn over the pavement & cycle path!. OK, so he might not have seen the signs (yeah, right!!) but it seemed to me like he was chancing it. That would be driving the wrong way down a one way street and compounding it by driving over a pavement/cycle path.

What concerns me is that some fool is going to do this and faced with a head-on crash, will simply mount the cycle path.....:ohmy:.

This is terrible. Start a social media outrage.

I remember when the Manchester ones came out.... there was an outcry because they is dezined to kill and maim thousands on innocent moyorists

Top Bottom