The Oscars

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well apparently sex isn't binary*, it's a spectrum. I don't see why we should stop at 7.

(* of course it is really)
Which does make one wonder about the current fashion for “gender reveal” parties

I felt sorry for Chloe Zhang with news media painting her as woman and person of colour. By now many people take these terms as euphemisms for many thing except merit. They should have focused on how she directed the movie and how she deserved that award. That movie was outstanding. Fully deserving of an Oscar on merit.

I am proud that she picked up English in Brighton, way to go Brighton. At least we can bask in that glory.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
I felt sorry for Chloe Zhang with news media painting her as woman and person of colour. By now many people take these terms as euphemisms for many things except merit.

Yes, with the current trend of wanting to be seen as inclusive and diverse there's always the chance people will think she didn't really deserve it. Haven't seen it yet but looking forward to watching it. I go to the cinema a lot and this is the first time in years that I haven't seen any of the Best Film nominated films.

AuroraSaab

Veteran
Which does make one wonder about the current fashion for “gender reveal” parties

Personally, I can't be doing with the gender reveal thing. It seems a bit like marking a kid's cards before they are even born. Your sex is decided at conception though, it's not 'assigned at birth' as some would have you believe.

I don't know. Ive glued a different grille to my Allegro and it is now a Bentley. Anyone who says it is not is a nazi and should be vilified and reported to the police for hate speech.
But have you surgically altered its exhaust?

Top Bottom