The 'P' fairy struck - how are you supposed to get the tyre back on

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

And if you are are home wash the tyre before trying to change it :biggrin:

If you put the tyre on, holding the wheel horizontal to the floor and against your body, then push it over the rim and away from your body there will more chance of it fitting. That doesn't sound right but it works. You'll either understand what I mean or end up wearing the wheel over your head.

It will actually cause tyre levers to break and I usually use plastic ones to pinion it and a couple of metal ones to do the levering.

Glad to hear I'm not the only one who finds that 'normal' plastic tyre levers bend under the strain, Patrick. 700x28 Marathons are too much for them on my bike. I know you have to be really careful of the rim when using metal tyre levers, but I use them all the time now.

The real trick is spending a couple of minutes easing the far side of the tyre bead right across against the far side of the rim before you start, as has been said. Too late to try shifting it across when you are 3/4 way round fitting and the tyre's fighting back!

frog

why do we call her the P******* fairy?

Shouldn't it be P******* witch? i thought fairies were good.

I always thought it was a questoin of size. Your PF sticks to small things that her wand can squewer without too much physical effort. Whereas your PW is more your articulated lorry tyre :biggrin:

PFs have been known to call in PW assistance where Schwalbe Marathon tyres are concerned but rumour is they take a backhander from Schwalbe to lay off. It's all in next months C+

Same union though

Top Bottom