The pallaver of Battery Save Mode

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mustang1

Guru
The other day (well actually it was last year but I figure to tell you now) I needed to use my phone for a long time without charging it so I wanted to activate battery saving mode even though it was on 100%.

And what did the phone tell me? It said that I do not need to activate battery saving mode because it has plenty of power left.

WTH? Are you telling me when I can or cannot use BMS? It's trying to be clever, or at least the programmers are trying to be clever.

What a POS.

presta

Guru
I'm generally lukewarm about automatic stuff, it usually falls over when it thinks it knows what you want better than you do.

classic33

Leg End Member
The other day (well actually it was last year but I figure to tell you now) I needed to use my phone for a long time without charging it so I wanted to activate battery saving mode even though it was on 100%.

And what did the phone tell me? It said that I do not need to activate battery saving mode because it has plenty of power left.

WTH? Are you telling me when I can or cannot use BMS? It's trying to be clever, or at least the programmers are trying to be clever.

What a POS.
It's trying to make out it knows more than you do. Show it whose the boss, put battery saving mode.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My Lenovolaptop battery protection mode feature kept switching itself off. It is supposed to extend the laptop's long-term battery health by limiting charging to 60%, but every time I unplugged the charger it forgot and next time I plugged it in the charge went back up to 100%. It is a big deal for my laptop because I use it every day and the battery is not user-replaceable. If I only get 500-1,000 full charges then I could wear the battery out in less than 3 years.

More than a year after I noticed the problem it suddenly went away! I think that Lenovo probably spotted a bug in the software and quietly fixed it in one of the system updates.

Top Bottom