The Platinum Jersey

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Occam's Razor

How about a platinum jersey, won by whoever was at the front of the race/peloton the longest over the whole tour. 5 million euros to the winner.

I suspect it would change the race dynamic completely with ridiculously aggressive racing throughout.

Would it play out well?

jpembroke

may as well give the money to Jens at the start then.

Will1985

Über Member
Erm...what about the Prix de la combativité??? (Rider gets to wear a white number on a red background for the next stage)

In the past some of the stage recipients were pretty unfair, for instance on mountain stages you can win it for attacking in the last 2km, but this year I thought it was about right.

Barredo, rather than Chavanel, should probably have won most aggressive rider in more ways than one!

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Erm...what about the Prix de la combativité??? (Rider gets to wear a white number on a red background for the next stage)

In the past some of the stage recipients were pretty unfair, for instance on mountain stages you can win it for attacking in the last 2km, but this year I thought it was about right.

Barredo, rather than Chavanel, should probably have won most aggressive rider in more ways than one!

I would have thought Renshaw would have a claim as well

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
I think it may be time for the time bonus to come back, tbh.

There wasn't much action in trying to get a decent placing on some stages once the winner had rolled over.

ptrhenry52

The platinum line sets a new performance standard.This jersey is the ultimate in articulation and movement through the aggressive use of custom tailored, cut and sewn multi-panels,common sense ventilation fabrics and rider-correct forming.Either send the jersey back for the biggest forward size they have, or get new pads.Bigger pads will protect you a lot, and where the bigger size is vastly overrated when it comes to stopping pucks it does give you a more intimidating look when you're in the net.

Maybe not most time at the front of peloton, but maybe most top 5 finishes without winning a stage. It takes dedication to keep placing 2-5th in stages without winning.

Top Bottom