The Price Of A Tour De France Bicycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Noodley

I am going to have to save up very very hard indeed. PS already got a pro spec bike, but from 20 years ago. :laugh:

Mrs Noodley has agreed that if I ever get promoted then I can have a Canyon...I think she realises that it's very unlikely to happen :laugh:

Noodley

how do you work that one out..?

did you read his post?

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
how do you work that one out..?

Because it's fantastic value, IT IS the same bike as the pros ride, and you aren't paying silly inflated prices. They sell them at less than you or I could get the parts due to 'straight from factory to you model'.

They buy components in massive bulk, no middle men, pass the prices on.

fossyant

Quick calculator for the Canyon Road Bike:- Web Prices:-

Frame £1800
Groupset £1800
Wheels £1200
Saddle £100
Bars stem £150
Tyres £50
Finishing Kit £50

Total £5150 - you get it for £3,800 :thumbsup:

Because it's fantastic value, IT IS the same bike as the pros ride, and you aren't paying silly inflated prices. They sell them at less than you or I could get the parts due to 'straight from factory to you model'.

They buy components in massive bulk, no middle men, pass the prices on.
canyon is not the only value supplier in town, and most of the pros ride off the peg frames these days anyway...

Noodley

"other" = "not Canyon"

The other "value suppliers in town".

Reactions: gaz

fossyant

The thread is about a 'pro' bike from the Tour. The Canyon is about the cheapest off the peg. You might find the odd Cube used in other Pro Teams, and Rose (saw these in Turkey) - but the 'tour' riders bikes are what we are talking about in the thread.

Top Bottom