The queen's Platinum Anniversary 👑

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Milzy

Guru
I’m a republican but if you are too don’t let that stop you from 4 days of drinking & domestic violence.

iandg

Legendary Member
I will be doing nothing different. There's a party in the village hall, I won't be going.

lazybloke

Considering a new username
I quite like Queenie and think Wills & Kate could follow in her footsteps. Some of the rest can **** right off.

Even if you don't think much of the royal family, a 70 year long service award is quite incredible.

No street parties here, I assume being on a bus route rules that out. Having my folks over one day, going to one or two BBQs with friends, but doubt we'll even mention the R family.
Will consider attending a party on the village green.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
This thread reminds me: I don't know if I'm working on Friday yet!
I'm working on Saturday, though, for sure.

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
We were going to be part of the Parade in London. Riding our Pashleys and wearing retro clothing. Silly hoops to have to jump through to be part of the parade, fair enough. But the final straw was they decided that we have to wear plastic hats whilst on the parade route, which totally ruins the look we were aiming for. Retro tweed for me and Teddy girl for Rachel.
Told them to forget it.

D

Deleted member 26715

I understand we are being held captive by 2 street parties, our estate has one road in & one road out, there are parties at both ends which effectively closes the whole estate down whether you like it or not.

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
I seem to be in charge of 200 metres of bunting at the street party. The street formed a social group during the Plague lockdowns and got to know each other a bit better.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Nothing planned for me, but the town's traditional agricultural show, which normally takes place on the last Monday of May (bank holiday) has been moved to this Saturday, then the following day we have a Charter fair which dates back hundreds of years, held every 4 or 5 years (can't remember:rolleyes:) where they open the high street to pedestrians only, with stalls/displays etc. I might have a look to the fair, but not the agricultural show as the parking is always horrendous and do I want to pay a tenner to look at sheep,bulls, hens etc?....mmm I think not.:rolleyes:

I'm not a 'celebrating' type, more a mark the occasion type, so I'm flying the flag till at least next Tuesday when the Jubilee long weekend ends and maybe even keep it flying till the end of the Jubilee year.🤔

1653866734972.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom