The Real Man Cycling Challenge

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephenoatley

hello all,
I haven’t previously been active in this forum, but I thought this is something that you may be interested – I am helping to organize 34km closed-road race in London called The Real Man Cycling Challenge and we are keen to attract keen cyclists to the event as well as people who would like merely like to raise money for a worthy cause (The Prostate Cancer Charity). It would be great to hear cyclist opinion on the event, and I am available to answer any questions anyone may have to do with the race. “
Cheers Steve

Why's it called the Real Man Cycling Challenge?

yello

I suspect it"s an ironic thing, prostate cancer and all that. Real men feel there own bollocks and go to the docs etc.

I would like to know more about the proposed route, and how advanced the organisation of this event is. That is, is it planned/proposed/aproved etc etc etc. I'd definitely be interested in the event but would like to know how likely it is.

OP
OP
S

stephenoatley

yello is right, Real Man is part of a whole campaign for The Prostate Cancer Charity, it ties in the awareness messages, 'Real men know that prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men.' 'Real men know the symptoms of prostate cancer.' 'Real men go to the doctor.' etc as well as a number of events we run eg. the Real Man Cup - an annual five a side tournament as well as the Cycling Challenge.

In response to Yello this event is approved and happening on 14th September. Starting and finishing at the Excel Centre for the full route go to http://www.realmancyclingchallenge.com/route.php

wlc1

No I won't £125 to enter . Jesus thats a bit steep. I'm going to pass now - shame cos It would have been excellent.

shooter560

Yep I thought it was also too expensive, plus the minimum sponsorship requirements.

I'll wish you all the best on this but I won't be entering

Top Bottom