The Real Tea Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
C2
This is a sam drinking tea...
Swansea+City+v+West+Ham+United+Premier+League+ifsvcYenObGl.jpg

srw

It's a bit more complicated than that...
Anyone else like a Russian Caravan?
Oddly enough, yes.

(ponce alert)

The only time I've drunk tea for breakfast was when I was staying in Hungary a few months before the collapse of the Soviet Union. Drinking Russian Caravan tea reminds me of drinking lukewarm black tea with my breakfast in the student accommodation we were lodged in.

Globalti

Legendary Member
As it happens I work for the company that makes the bergamot flavour for Earl Grey tea. How did bergamot become popular? Because tea merchants were in the habit of adulterating the product with all kinds of crap and one day somebody used dried rind of the bergamot, which is an inedible citrus fruit that yields an interesting essential oil. The tea drinkers of 18th century England liked the flavour and asked for it again. That's how it started.

theclaud

Openly Marxist
A4 is the closest, but it's still far too strong. Tea needs to be extremely high quality and made extremely weak (a teaspoon of leaves to a large teapot is about right). It then needs to be poured within a few minutes before the tannins can really get extracted.
Sorry, but not drinking tea for breakfast disqualifies you from having an opinion on the matter.

Top Bottom