The realisation you're getting old

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

yello

Wearing the same (cycling) shoes you did 14 years ago?

Alex321

Veteran
Wearing the same (cycling) shoes you did 14 years ago?

14???

Make that 30+ :tongue:

I've only ever owned one pair of cycling shoes - a pair of Nike ACG shoes like these. I think they are on about their 4th or 5th set of SPD cleats :smile:
https://holsales.com/products/vintage-nike-acg-cycling-shoes-uk6-us7
1657801984152.png

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
14???

Make that 30+ :tongue:

I've only ever owned one pair of cycling shoes - a pair of Nike ACG shoes like these. I think they are on about their 4th or 5th set of SPD cleats :smile:
https://holsales.com/products/vintage-nike-acg-cycling-shoes-uk6-us7
View attachment 652756

Mine are not quite that old, but my road shoes are at lease 17 years old. Specialized Pro Carbon - lovely shoes until the ratchet strap snapped with 'age'. Fortunately managed to find a replacement on ebay - phew.

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
a lot of punks never looked that healthy/alive when young.

I remember a friend of a university friend who would join us when I was visiting him in Tunbridge Wells. The friend of a friend was on mild drugs I remember, always offering a smoke. Anyway roll on 14 years and I saw this friend of a friend at my university mate’s wedding. Boy did he look unhealthy and old, even twenty years on, I don’t look as old or unhealthy as he did in his 30s.

Petrichorwheels

Mine are not quite that old, but my road shoes are at lease 17 years old. Specialized Pro Carbon - lovely shoes until the ratchet strap snapped with 'age'. Fortunately managed to find a replacement on ebay - phew.

ratchet straps a bad idea - one of mine got smashed by someone i was leading on a group ride. Did at least manage to get the shoes off when back home and source another. keep things simple - velcro or laces.

It’s a very simple, successful, fix in most cases. You’ll see the world anew afterwards. Fear of the unknown is the worst part, plus waiting for it to be “ready”, although that’s not such a big thing as it used to be.

I was fortunate enough, some years ago, to spend an afternoon in theatre observing cataract operations. One of the “take home messages“ for me was that patients came into theatre looking apprehensive and went out smiling.

Gwylan

Veteran
I only found out on Tuesday :sad:

As others say it's simpler than you think

One eye was done a few weeks ago. From walking into the clinic to getting back in the car to be driven home was just one hour.
Some discomfort but that was it.

No sudden or obvious improvement in eyesight or colours for me. Just everything was a bit brighter.
There are about 250000 such operations every year in the UK.

Top Bottom