The Rebellion way

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

grldtnr

This has got my interest, any one know any thing about it?
Is a mixed surface multi day tour around Norfolk.
Got this mad idea to do it with the recumbent, should bi be locked up!

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Most definitely not! I am planning on doing it in the spring. A bike is a bike and I believe it is well planned out (for UK anyway) so shouldn't present too many issues. I do want a paper map of the route though so must set about getting one.

OP
OP
grldtnr

grldtnr

I would have to come up from the commuter wastelands of Essex, more of a way of when and how, if I use my recumbent, but relatively simple if I use my upwrong, on the train to Norwich,but then I am comfy aboard my trike.

Shall await replies to my query.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
It was one of the options I presented to my husband and son for Easter. We chose something else as Norfolk is a LONG way from home, but I really want to do it. Mainly because it's in the footsteps of Boudicca and my bike is called Boudicca so...

Looks fantastic!

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
It was one of the options I presented to my husband and son for Easter. We chose something else as Norfolk is a LONG way from home, but I really want to do it. Mainly because it's in the footsteps of Boudicca and my bike is called Boudicca so...

Looks fantastic!

I hope you have sharp blades on the wheels of your chariot 😄

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
I’m close’ish. And MUST make an effort to plan and do this - this year ! Some of the route and views look fabulous…..

As an early riser (But no racer) i’d like to think that even taking in the scenery: in Summer with lots of daylight hours - i could manage this over a weekend 🤷‍♂️

Jameshow

Veteran
Pancake flat I reckon, beware of the winds though, which can be worse than hills!!

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Pancake flat I reckon, beware of the winds though, which can be worse than hills!!
The Rebellion Way avoids the flattest bits, the fens in the SW and the broads in the NE, so it's mostly rolling hills. Nothing big, but not flat.

I prefer linking the Norfolk coast cycleway and the Two Rivers Way, but they're all tarmac I don't like the deep sand infesting local off road routes.

One thing I would suggest is to use the Elizabeth Way between Lynn and Hunstanton once it opens, which should be this spring. The Rebellion Way simply follows the tarmac NCN 1 for most (all?) of that, missing some nice off road chances through Sandringham and the estate that hosted Springwatch.

Tail End Charlie

Well, write it down boy ......
Hmmm looks very tandem friendly. Only problem is Norwich is a PITA for me to get to. Might have to give this some thought.
@mjr can you give some idea of where you mean please? I've seen a gpx of the route and it goes right through Sandringham. I don't know the area at all.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
It is named after rebellious people from the region in history. Boudicca, the land Rebellion guy whose name I forget right now another event I also forget now.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Hmmm looks very tandem friendly. Only problem is Norwich is a PITA for me to get to. Might have to give this some thought.
@mjr can you give some idea of where you mean please? I've seen a gpx of the route and it goes right through Sandringham. I don't know the area at all.
The route sticks to roads through Sandringham. Even now, forking off left at the crossroads at the bottom of Donkey Pond Hill would let you take the off road scenic drive and Princess Drive through the woods past the visitor centre turning and to just south of the school on Admirals Drive.

Elizabeth Way is supposedly going to branch off the scenic drive and go mostly off road to Hunstanton. The exact route remains basically secret and probably will involve at least two permissive routes through the big coastal estates, so there's little point me publishing a guessed gpx because it can't be ridden before opening.

There's not much wrong with the bit of NCN 1 used by the Rebellion Way, but it's pretty straight tarmac roads and not as interesting or picturesque as Elizabeth Way should be.

Don't worry about not knowing the area. Nor did the route creator. The "tresspassers will be shot" signs tend to be obvious around here 😉

Top Bottom