The Recipe Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sazzaa

I'm not sure if we have one already?

Anyway, I'm sure some of you are fantastic cooks so please feel free to share your best recipes here. I get bored of food quite easily and try and learn at least one new recipe a fortnight. Doesn't have to be healthy, just good food.

I'll start with a quick and easy one. (You'll notice I'm shoot with amounts, I cook by adding things until they taste nice, and barely measure anything)

Asian Tuna.

Tuna steaks
Soy sauce
Ginger
Garlic
Lime
1 green chilli
Honey
Sesame seeds
Sesame oil
Olive oil
Courgette
Packet of coconut and lime rice

Good few tablespoons of soy sauce into a large bowl, add juice of one lime, wee bit of garlic, wee bit of ginger, wee bit of olive oil, and a finely chopped green chilli. Add the tuna steaks into the bowl for at least a few minutes to soak up the flavour. Then place steaks into a frying pan on a hot heat, spoon over some of the remaining mixture and add sesame seeds and honey. Cook for a few minutes, depending on how you like your tuna.
Courgette:
Slice courgette into ribbons using a potato peeler. Gently warm in a pan with sesame oil and add some sesame seeds if desired.
Cook rice in Micro.
Serve quickly as everything goes cold pretty fast.

Roadrider48

Voice of the people
Sounds nice.

Doseone

Guru
I'm not sure if we have one already?

Anyway, I'm sure some of you are fantastic cooks so please feel free to share your best recipes here. I get bored of food quite easily and try and learn at least one new recipe a fortnight. Doesn't have to be healthy, just good food.

I'll start with a quick and easy one. (You'll notice I'm s*** with amounts, I cook by adding things until they taste nice, and barely measure anything)

Asian Tuna.

Tuna steaks
Soy sauce
Ginger
Garlic
Lime
1 green chilli
Honey
Sesame seeds
Sesame oil
Olive oil
Courgette
Packet of coconut and lime rice

Good few tablespoons of soy sauce into a large bowl, add juice of one lime, wee bit of garlic, wee bit of ginger, wee bit of olive oil, and a finely chopped green chilli. Add the tuna steaks into the bowl for at least a few minutes to soak up the flavour. Then place steaks into a frying pan on a hot heat, spoon over some of the remaining mixture and add sesame seeds and honey. Cook for a few minutes, depending on how you like your tuna.
Courgette:
Slice courgette into ribbons using a potato peeler. Gently warm in a pan with sesame oil and add some sesame seeds if desired.
Cook rice in Micro.
Serve quickly as everything goes cold pretty fast.

I love love love Tuna, it's one of my favourites. I just lightly brush it with olive oil, press some Cajun spice on to it and chuck it on the bbq. Got to be really careful not to overcook otherwise it goes dry. Serve with just a good fresh salad, a nice cold beer and some mango and blueberries for pudding.

OP
OP
S

sazzaa

Coleslaw -
About half a cabbage (white or red, doesn't matter) chopped up
1 large carrot, grated
About half a red onion, thinly sliced
1 red chilli, finely chopped
A good slug of dark soy sauce
Juice of a lime
A large dollop of mayo until it looks coleslawey
Salt and pepper

Mix up and enjoy!

Poacher

Gravitationally challenged member
You do realise @Shaun has already taken the trouble to create a forum dedicated to cooking? :thumbsup:

Nice recipe, though. Maybe I'll write down how I cook tuna with onions, Portuguese style sometime - I'll probably have to cook it again to remember how I do it!

Top Bottom