The Retirement Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
bringing the missus to a late film and a meal, she calls it "date night" to keep the romance alive and who am I to argue. Anyway I picked the latest showing film to allow some time to eat first , I didn't know what it was about. There was a picture of a ballet dancer in the promotion so I assumed its dancing/romance etc the usual twiddle twaddle girlie rubbish stuff. Noooo ! its a vampire/horror called Abigail I have just discovered. I will say nothing and play dumb . She will absolutely sheet herself !! She has a habit of screaming at sudden fright scenes. You cannot win , well I can't anyway :eek:

Tangentially: I hate the term 'date night' with a passion.

Is it an American import?

classic33

Leg End Member
bringing the missus to a late film and a meal, she calls it "date night" to keep the romance alive and who am I to argue. Anyway I picked the latest showing film to allow some time to eat first , I didn't know what it was about. There was a picture of a ballet dancer in the promotion so I assumed its dancing/romance etc the usual twiddle twaddle girlie rubbish stuff. Noooo ! its a vampire/horror called Abigail I have just discovered. I will say nothing and play dumb . She will absolutely sheet herself !! She has a habit of screaming at sudden fright scenes. You cannot win , well I can't anyway :eek:
T'were nice knowing you.

Should she knock seven bells out of you, where do we send the "Get Well Soon" cards?

simongt

Guru
During my final days in the dibble I have a waxed moustache, just to annoy people after I discovered there was no regulation that forbade it.
Minds me of my basic training in the dibble. Once after our long weekend, being in a hurry, I'd gone straight back to the grind but had forgotten to change my socks; they were pillarbox red. Later on, the Drill Sgt. passed by and his eagle eyes immediately alighted on my socks. :eek:
He remarked 'Just as well you're wearing boots lad' and carried on his way.
Astounded, I later checked regulations and it stated that black or navy blue socks were mandatory wear with shoes.
That's one of the reasons we all respected our Drill Sgt.. :okay:

OP
OP
Dirk

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
*The earliest trace (of Halloween) is the Celtic festival, Samhain, which was the Celtic New Year.

The Americanised version of Halloween bears scant resemblance to Samhain.

Top Bottom