The Road Book

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cathryn

Legendary Member
This is my first year of really getting into pro cycling but today I learned about what looks like a beautifully made 'cycling annual' called The Road Book. It's £50 so I won't be buying it (although it does look really special). I wondered if any of you had bought it in the past and what your views were on it. Apparently it's a mix of results and essays by key riders. I'd love to read the essays.

Link here. The Road Book Cycling Almanack | the Bible to the Cycling Calendar

Christmas prezzie?

Christmas prezzi is the way to go, far better than most gifts for cyclists given by non-cyclists:laugh:

I have all the previous editions, like the essays, love the photos and my inner (inner?) nerd loves the idea of being able to check who was KoM after day three of the tour of Murcia, even if I never actually look up who was KoM after day three of the Tour of Murcia

I'll be sticking with my Rough Stuff Fellowship photo archive. You only need one good coffee-table book - if it's a good-un!

(I do like Boulting and Millar, but their pretentiousness has become appalling when unrestrained - and their advertising suggest this book is written without restraint ... )

OP
OP
Cathryn

Cathryn

Legendary Member
I'll be sticking with my Rough Stuff Fellowship photo archive. You only need one good coffee-table book - if it's a good-un!

(I do like Boulting and Millar, but their pretentiousness has become appalling when unrestrained - and their advertising suggest this book is written without restraint ... )

Interestingly, I was listening to a podcast with Boulting and I didn't warm to him! I've always liked him on TV but I was surprised at how 'confident' he was.

Top Bottom