The Show Us Your Fireplace or Solid Fuel Stove Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Preferably lit.

IMG_20230424_162025318.jpg

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
IMG_20230424_170902602.jpg

Profpointy

Legendary Member
CEB2C6C2-2D97-4E44-9F64-25793AC1D8E5.jpeg

Wood stove in the basement. Had it around 5 years and have kept it fed entirely from scrap wood and skip diving. Supposedly it's less polluting as it's to modern inner city standards,
though having just been diagnosed with asthma aged 60, following a couple of quite scary hospital stays I am rather more aware of such concerns

We also have one of those fans; ours being a rather appealing Stirling engine one, though it's conked out. Must get it fixed

2479C037-D133-4C42-A4E1-B93500FD510C.jpeg

Also have an open fire first floor. By pure luck it's a very efficient design, given we got it from a salvage yard. Half a bucket of (smokeless) coal lasts all evening. Tend to only light it as a luxury treat if we have visitors

A1B876A5-3515-4F8C-A34F-9F33A9E9DB6F.jpeg

tyred

Legendary Member
I haven't got a fireplace.

OP
OP
Drago

Drago

Legendary Member
I have a heat pump. This is the 21st. Century. :whistle:
I have heat pump to radiator as well. If its some kind of Top Trumps thing I also have proper aicron too, two of them, front and rear (which also work in reverse to blow warm air), so I have 3 heat pumps blighting the exterior brickwork.

But I'm not hostage to mains supply for heat in the event the wheel comes off, and I can also heat the house pretty much for free with the fire as my wife's nephew owns a fencing and landscaping company and I receive several tonnes of free offcuts a year that I rotate through the logs store to dry out. Free is my favourite price.

I can also heat - or cool - it for free from the 5kW solar and dual Solax batteries, but the fire is frankly a lot warmer and quite nice to look at.

Last edited:
Top Bottom