The Sniffle . lurgy and man flu thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Whole family has been under the weather over the last week or so , mini ck was off school for a week , mini ck 2 now coughing, mrs ck couging , sneezing etc .
I was off work fri-tuesday so a long weekend due to parts shortages at work i thought yay cycling !, instead i was laid up full of snot and headache, tiredness etc and i think a bit of a temperature :sad: .So Tuesday back at work i dosed myself up enough to clear an eleplants sinus and rode to work, thank feck i missed the rain at least .

So who else has the autumn bleeeergh ! ?

slow scot

Veteran
Me too, big time. It’s definitely much worse for men!!!

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Think I am now onto my 3rd 'cold' here, but they seem to be morphing continually on a constant replay that has lasted over a few weeks now. I keep doing the LFT and getting a negative result each time. Even went to get an official test at the local vid testing centre following nagging from Mrs Skol who was convinced I was getting false negatives, but this just confirmed what I already knew. I just have a cold that has settled onto my chest...... :sad:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
We've been getting a mix of people WFH/off sick with Covid and general lurgy. My boss WFH'ed for a whole 10 days just in case recently as he'd been in contact with another member of staff with covid, but just had a stinking cold.

It's going to be a right mess. We've been told stay at home until you are sure it's not Covid. Don't get a cough - panic in the workplace.

figbat

Slippery scientist
The "rhino rampage" is in full effect at my kids' school - both are on a repeating cycle of sniffles, sore throats etc although mercifully so far the wife and I have avoided it.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
I have had both mucous & snot..
Terrible sight when riding into a headwind, I can tell you! 🤮

postman

Legendary Member
Mrs P tells me it is well known that flu type bugs are around at this time Freshers week.A influx of students in to a new area.

Over the Ord

Have been clear of all bugs and colds for 2+ years.

But my daughter (who we plan to visit shortly) has inform me her two bairns have, the youngest tonsillitis, the oldest snots & cough both having to stay home from school, so I’m going to find out how good my immune system is.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I had a mare of a cold last week. Kept me of the bike for a few days. Temparature and tiredness on top of the runny nose, sore throat and bunged up sinuses. Tested a few times for Corona but no positive. First cold in a couple of years though.

Drago

Legendary Member
Im sure some places are going OTT, but by and large measures such as work from home if you are icky are probably sensible. If nothing else the pandemic has finally hit home that respiratory disease is no joke, and the olde days of HR departments getting shirty because someone has been off with a 'mere' cold seem to be thankfully disappearing.

For my own part, not having a workplace to go to the only people I have regular closeish contact with outside the house are the chaps in the band.

purpan

Have cold at moment. As I have to talk to large classes each day, the obligatory black covid masks are a godsend, as they don’t show the snot and dribbles.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
I must have a good immune system as I rarely get ill at all. Well that's jinxed that then.

Top Bottom