The state of the roads.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The roads of our suburban utopia are getting surface dressed again. I think they were last done two years ago.

I hate surface dressing. Still got the chattering of the chippings contacting mudguards / inner wheel arches when cycling/driving up and down our road, from the last time it was done. Not to mention the extra spice of drivers passing and flinging up projectiles.

In fact, when I'm driving, the last thing I want to do is fling up a stone that cracks someone elses windscreen so I drive slowly until the surface is swept. Net result of that is drivers overtake impatiently flinging chippings up everywhere. It doesn't seem to matter how fast you do drive, anything under the speed limit (not the advisory limit) seems to draw you into conflict.

Emanresu

I'm all for more strade bianche as they lead to some interesting places with good weather. But potholes here are becoming a serious nuisance ever for cars.

There is a means of reporting potholes to the local CC here who have the responsibility for roads. But I get the feeling that they've given up doing anything until the next lot get it.

Anyway back to strade bianche for those planning their summer rides.

Attachments

• Strade_Bianche.jpg
    Strade_Bianche.jpg
    255.1 KB · Views: 4
  • Strade_Bianche_2.jpg
    Strade_Bianche_2.jpg
    248.3 KB · Views: 4
Top Bottom