The strikers have become supporters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Which rules? He doesn’t work in news or politics so he’s not covered by impartiality rules. If you extend impartiality to anyone who works in the bbc does that mean anyone who shares a political view should be fired? An actor? Quiz show host? An extra? A light technician?

He is their highest paid and highest profile employee by some margin however, so imo he does have responsibility consider the ‘rules’ (esp if in his contract)

markemark

Über Member
He is their highest paid and highest profile employee by some margin however, so imo he does have responsibility consider the ‘rules’ (esp if in his contract)

Which rules? The ones that apply to journalists and those involved in politics shows? Or some other ones not been mentioned yet?

They were fine with him making political statements during the World Cup

And there does come a point where something needs to be said - and he deliberately phrased it so as to say the 1930s - not 40s - and didn;t mention Hitler or the Nazis

I wonder if they would be so fixed in their response if Ian Wright commented on an issue he saw a leading to racism??

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Some of the commentators are refusing to work as well

If this carries on it might just be picture and crowd noises unless they draft someone in from another sport

Wonder if Carlton is busy this afternoon??

I was born in 1958.

If I remember correctly. We did not used to have a panel of footballers commenting on the game. We had Frank Bough handing over to a commentator inside the ground.

It seemed to work then. It will work now. Providing you can find someone to commentate.

OP
OP
steveindenmark

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
I hope this does not get booted as I am posting it for the humour content.

But a huge amount of the public will agree with it.

View: https://fb.watch/jcfoJbVGhr/

Ajax Bay

Guru
Thank you @steveindenmark
Decided to ignore:
"DuckDuckGo blocked this video to prevent Facebook from tracking you
We blocked Facebook from tracking you when the page loaded. If you unblock this content, Facebook will know your activity"
Slight worry is that the algorithm will now feed me more of that sweary ranty bloke.
Rules, Guidelines and (what was overstepped) 'Guidance'. Rules are to be followed; Guidelines describe how the rules can be obeyed; guidance is just that: guidance.
Massive distraction from the issue (trying to find a way to minimise people risking their lives and still control UK borders) and the pros and cons of the various options (all likely to be ineffective or impractical).
On principle I shall not watch MOTD (because I'll be needing to catch up with the 6 nations games after my ride).

Tenkaykev

Guru
I have friends who sometimes complain of the BBC's " Left wing bias " if there is too pointed a question to government ministers on matters of public concern. When I pointed out that both the Chairman and Director general of the BBC where conservative donors / Mentor of Prime Minister they expressed disbelief. It's also telling the questions that aren't asked in interviews. I am of an age that saw hard hitting interviews by Paxman and his peers.

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
What GL said was correct, you only have to read the innocuous statements made by politicians and certain newspapers in the 30' and 40's to see what happens when certain types of life are deemed a nuisance.

Paulus

Started young, and still going.
Which rules? He doesn’t work in news or politics so he’s not covered by impartiality rules. If you extend impartiality to anyone who works in the bbc does that mean anyone who shares a political view should be fired? An actor? Quiz show host? An extra? A light technician?

Also, should employees of the BBC be allowed to vote, for or against the sitting government at a general election?
How far could this be taken. Local government officials, employees of such councils. By sanctioning employees it sets, in my opinion a dangerous precedent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom