The stupid bloody advert...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mondobongo

Über Member
The On-Line Poker adverts are really starting to get my goat. Promoting an image that playing on their site is cool and will make you sophisticated. There are a lot of people in over their depth with online gambling.

mondobongo said:
The On-Line Poker adverts are really starting to get my goat. Promoting an image that playing on their site is cool and will make you sophisticated. There are a lot of people in over their depth with online gambling.

... and bingo ads too. I turn the sound off.

snakehips

beanzontoast said:
... I turn the sound off.
Turn the picture off too and you'd have the perfect combination.

regards.jpg
from.jpg
snakehips.jpg

Arch

Married to Night Train
John the Monkey said:
It's supposed to be one of those "flashmob" things, I think. An excitable friend of mine used to send me invites for them all the time "Turn up in Albert Square at 2:00pm, ignore each other, and then at a pre-arranged signal, form a conga line..." that sort of thing.

Best flashmob ever, I reckon:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJHbx5OZDh0

Could only work in a country where drivers respect cyclists. It'd be carnage here...

Globalti

Legendary Member
I sometimes wonder what would happen if a bunch of students made a pact to meet somewhere public, say Tower Bridge or the Angel Of The North at a certain time in fifty years.

My old college climbing club has been reuniting every Spring bank holiday since we all graduated in 1979. We don't do much climbing now, more tea sipping.

Arch said:
Best flashmob ever, I reckon:

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BJHbx5OZDh0

Could only work in a country where drivers respect cyclists. It'd be carnage here...

I like that.:biggrin:

hackbike 666 said:
It's f***ing Megane for chrissakes, not a Ferrari.

I couldn't give a monkies if fit was a ferrari.It's all about ego isn't it?

Like the old Nissan/mitsubishi/toyota (sorry, can't remember which one) SUV advert with the cowboy music and everyboby cowering away behind window blinds and curtains with the tagline "Demands respect". It's like they're actually advertising to people who drive like selfish w***ers.

I just seem to pick up from car adverts that a big flashy car makes a person look good.(ego trip)...I think "is that your car?" advert is a prime example.The bird at the end looks like she wants to drop her keks.

Of course all a car is,is a tool but I suppose in a way I understand if people get attached to their cars.I couldn't care less if you car cost 50 grand,what's more important to me is how you drive it.

"Demands respect".

How sad.

Top Bottom