The Stupid really will inherit the earth ....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Landsurfer

Veteran
One of 3 burned out bins along the coast from Marazion to Newlyn.
The Stupid, for it is they, are posting their disposable barbecues into them when they have finished their sausages on the beach !!!

20220812_182950.jpg

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Some people's stupidity knows no bounds. I can't believe that all Americans are this stupid but here's a a channel on YouTube where a garage gets some unbelievable customer faux Pas:

View: https://youtu.be/R6DQrTOMRC4

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was overtaken by a stupid would-be earth-inheriter years ago, and in that case too. Smoke and flames were involved...

A few years back I was riding up the climb of the Keighley Road out of Hebden Bridge when I heard a vehicle coming up behind me making a strange noise. I looked over my shoulder and saw that smoke was billowing out of its nearside rear tyre. I tried flagging down the driver but she completely ignored me and carried on past me. As she went by I saw that the tyre was flat and was dragging along the road. :ohmy:

It is 3 miles to the top of the hill from there and when I got to the summit, I saw the woman standing next to her vehicle and using a fire extinguisher on the now burning tyre!

I stopped to offer assistance and established that:
  1. She hadn't noticed that the vehicle's handling was bad.
  2. She hadn't seen the smoke in her rear-view mirror.
  3. She had no recollection of driving past a cyclist who had been waving frantically and pointing at the back of the vehicle.
  4. She'd only stopped at the top of the hill because she smelled the smoke!

This was in the days before mobile phones so I took her husband's work telephone number and rode home to ring him and give him the good news. He wasn't a happy fellow when I explained that his wife had almost burned out their vehicle by driving up a 4 mile hill on a flat tyre... ;)
:wacko:

The stupid sometimes don't make to the bin even - UK Heatwave: Studland fire caused by barbecue - fire service

126305150-mediaitem126305101.jpg

BoldonLad

Not part of the Elite
One of 3 burned out bins along the coast from Marazion to Newlyn.
The Stupid, for it is they, are posting their disposable barbecues into them when they have finished their sausages on the beach !!!

View attachment 657090

Don't be so hard on them.

At least we have progressed from leaving them on the beach, to putting them in the bin.

Another generation, and, we may progress to letting them cool down first ;)

gbb

Legendary Member
its only a very slight improvement on the laziness we see in society now. As mentioned up post, its a wonder it made it as far as the bin.
You see laziness all the time here...items put outside peoples gardens, dumped for someone else to clear up. Its 'my problem is solved...its someone else's problem now'...utter couldn't give a fook attitude.

Top Bottom