The summer urge to buy a road bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Beanz, you're asking the question to justify to yourself buying one and want the collective permission of the CC'ers to do it.

Think from reading the above posts PERMISSION GRANTED!

TwoPosts

I know I would use it in the good weather months, but I think it would sit gathering dust in the dark, cold, wet (i.e. wetter) months while my hybrid kept on rolling year round.

:unsure:

Pretty much how I use my road bike, but I will say this, getting a road bike increased my love of cycling even more, by upping the distances and cadence my fitness moved to another level and I started to enjoy the hybrid more. Just today I went out on a short 23 mile road and byway/bridleway route and averaged about 13.5 mph, before the road bike it was around 11.5 /12 mph and I rarely went more than 15 miles

I found that I don't race the road bike (a 2010/11 Boardman Team Carbon) and I haven't done any club runs, so it may just have been a tad over the top, don't get me wrong, I absolutely love riding it but think I could have got away with something cheaper, in aluminium and carbon, but no way, no how, do I regret owning a road bike.

However I now realise that I can probably live with slightly less top end speed but still want a go anywhere bike that is easier to ride than my clunky suspension hybrid, so the next n+1 is probably going to be something like the spec of the current Boardman CX, kitted out in light tourer mode (full mud guards and a rack)

If there are no real financial / family constraints I can only say great things about road riding and I am sure you will not regret owning a road bike, even if you choose only to ride it in good weather.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Do it!:hyper:The first time that i sat on a decent road bike was something to behold!:angel: ...and don't molycoddle the thing if you buy one,get good use out of it, the seasons are more or less blending into one! :thumbsup:

Top Bottom