The things you see when you don't have a camera...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I saw two pretty crazy things on the commute home today. Unfortunately my camera battery was dead when I got to work today and I didn't have the charger, so no video!:sad:

The first completely caught me by surprise. Cycling along next to the cycle lane I discuss in this video. I was at the section about 2:45 into that video (not in the lane fortunately) when one of these caught my eye.
scooter230607_468x401.jpg

The reason this particular mobility scooter and driver caught my eye was because the scooter was riding in the cycle lane. That might have been fair enough had it not been riding in the cycle lane, on my side, coming towards me! Oiks! :blink:

Another reason for not using the cycle lane!

However, the best moment of todays commute came shortly afterwards when at the lights a car pulled up next to me. It was a car I'd never seen before....a very, very nice looking car. It pulled off and was sitting right in front of me at the next lights. An absolute beauty. You could see the engine sitting in the back purring away. Lovely. I had to come online to find out what it was. The only marking I saw on the back was a EB, with the E facing the other way. It was this little beauty...
bugatti-eb-16-4-veyron-2008-795133.jpg

A Buggati Veyron 2009 reg. Apparently the fasted production car in the world!

Ah if only I had had my camera I could have challanged him to a race! :biggrin:

Lol with the state of the pavements and inconsiderate parking I'm not surprised he was on the road, being on the wrong side is a bit different but I've seen mobility scooters do that before. The best one (for me anyway) was the poor old lady caught driving a mobility scooter down the motorway with a little dog basket on the front :rolleyes:

Buggati, You should have told him his car was so last year B)

laertes

I was on my way home one evening last week, and saw a youngish looking woman in sports clothes bending over and reaching deep into the boot of a car. As I went past, she placed a bathroom scales on the road surface and weighed herself, peering intently at the scales for several seconds. :huh:

There I was standing outside Evans with my bike (I think) next to a BMW which did not impress me at all...then suddenly some woman came out of Evans and put a new bike in her BMW...Now that did impress me.:wub:

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
I work around the corner from a super car show room, at one point they had two veyron's and had to park one out on the street for a few hours. it got lots of attention!!

davim19

On my commute to work this morning I did see a gentleman scoop two dead pigeons off the road, dust them off before putting them into his bag and wandering on his way happily. Now I know there are plenty of people who do eat roadkill, but these pigeons were in the middle of Sheffield City Centre so I dread what they'll taste like/ contaminate him with.

DavieB

MIA
Were you commuting to some where further afield than Glasgow, the mobility scooter easily believable. The Buggati here
ohmy.gif
. Euromillions winner probably lol

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Dosey bugger - you should have known what a Veyron is............... christ !!!!:tongue:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Were you commuting to some where further afield than Glasgow, the mobility scooter easily believable. The Buggati here
ohmy.gif
. Euromillions winner probably lol

:biggrin:

In fairness I it was officially outside Glasgow in Milngavie and it was heading towards Strathblane. Probably just popping into Glasgow to oversee his drugs business. :smile:

OP
OP
M

magnatom

Dosey bugger - you should have known what a Veyron is............... christ !!!!:tongue:

Ha! I'm no car fanatic, but I know a nice car when I see one. When you are stuck driving a people carrier it is best not to pay too much attention to the cars you'd love to have, but never will! :sad:

Anyway, I wonder what the mpg is on one of those things! :ohmy:

Top Bottom