The thread for the insane ride from London to York

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Actually yes, you're right. I was thinking 14 hours based on a Luton to York distance. Allow 16 hours from London, so you'd better look at a 7 am departure.

I would recommend starting at first light or a bit before which is what I did in midsummer. I finished just as the sun was going down over York Minster. It's about 220 miles.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

zimzum42

Legendary Member
When would this be? I don't know when the fnrttc is...

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Is anyone else up for this? Interest seems to have died off.

I'm committed to riding back but not sure about riding up on my own so just trying to gauge interest.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Frank if only you'd responded sooner. I'm now booked on a train to York although I am still cycling back from Hull.

Frank if only you'd responded sooner. I'm now booked on a train to York although I am still cycling back from Hull.

I said earlier I'd come along!

:rolleyes:

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Yebbut no one commented when I tried to gauge interest at the weekend! Oh well, ticket in back pocket I suppose.

thom

____
If I'm still on sabbatical (unemployed) and in the country, I'll come along. Possibly en route further north with a new machine worthy of expeditions.

frank9755

Cyclist
Who is riding up?
I've not planned a route or anything yet but it is about 300km from my house and planning a route should be easy.
If someone fancies a fairly brisk ride up then it would be good to join up. If not, I'll just set off on the Friday morning and head north.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Riding from Ealing in November I think it took about 16 and half hrs with a couple of heavy panniers.

OP
OP
martint235

martint235

Dog on a bike
Dellzeqq did post a route (I think it's the LonJoG one) but I can't for the life of me find it.

Anyway unless it's chucking it down, I'll be riding up. What time are you thinking of leaving HPC? About 7am ish?

Top Bottom