The time has come...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
andyoxon

andyoxon

Guru
I guess “...I may be some time...” was my slightly OTT, Oatesian way of saying I need to do something to spend less time on the PC (using it for a few hours on Sunday afternoon, with the children ‘flying about’, was the straw that didn’t go down well) Mrs ao, works part-time, and has/ferrys around the children from 3.10pm to evening, every weekday – which is tiring. I have to say that I put up some defence, but this was probably pride - I know she’s right... and she knows that I know she’s right. Some things do need to give a bit (or a lot) to get more ‘balance’. Whether I’m “addicted” to spending time on the computer, or using it as an ‘escape’ – I don’t know really, it’s possible. :biggrin: Anyway in the evenings, when I use the PC, I’m going to start bringing the laptop downstairs to the table and be more sociable... :blush:xx(

andyoxon said:
I’m going to start bringing the laptop downstairs to the table and be more sociable... :blush:xx(

I assume you mean your computer and not your dancer! :biggrin:;)

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Andy, if it's any consolation, it's exactly the same in the FF household! Thus cycling gets done at low-impact times and I do the same in the evenings with the laptop in the Kitchen...the rest usually bugger-off into the lounge and watch Spooks or Heroes and shut me out anyway (:blush:).
Mrs FF works part-time and has the burden of ferrying the kids here there and everywhere whilst I'm at work or travelling. It's a tough call, we need time to do 'me' stuff, time to do 'family & kids' stuff, taking care of the important 'Mrs' stuff and then fixing all of those things that need fixing, completing the DIY projects that need completing etc. Hence the BE refurb project is still hanging in the garage!
Sometimes I guess we just get the balance wrong or there is a clash of priorities...and lets face it,our good ladies are nearly always right but our male pride needs an airing once in a while.:biggrin:

PS: Spent 3 hours looking for you in the Spread Eagle, try my best I couldn't see you...in fact by the end I had looked so hard I could barely see my way home...

Speicher

Vice Admiral
It sounds to me as if you have been so busy that you have not had time to think. Sometimes I find that in doing "nothing" for even half an hour gives you time to think about your priorities, and possbily take a small step to reaching them. Certainly what was missing from my life at times, is a balance, of demands etc and preferences.

Top Bottom