The tired tyre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

young Ed

Veteran
new tyre
some people only get 5,000 miles out of the worse wheels :ohmy:
Cheers Ed

young Ed

Veteran
what bike is it with neon pink forks BTW? maybe a full bike pic? i'm guessing vintage by the 10mm i can see of the forks :tongue:
Cheers Ed

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
I am running Armadillo's on my commute bike at the moment.
Tough as old boots, but once they start to go, they go very quickly.

young Ed

Veteran
[QUOTE 2994025, member: 9609"]A chance to show off my bicycle - it be a thing of beauty. A real bike
AboveHownam.jpg
[/QUOTE]
love it looks just great
looks a wee bit funny with drops and a super long quill stem at that height!
oh and i love you stand :biggrin:
Cheers Ed

I had a car tyre do the exact same thing years ago looked just like that it split right down the middle you could get your arm in it.

No it wasn't a remould although the spooky thing about it was a car crashed in the exact spot I broke down less than an hour later in the same model car, driven by a guy who was the same age and who was friends with the friend I had just been to see and who came out with a mallet to bang the wheel off cos it was stuck. The crash put the guy in a permanent coma I believe.

Mr Celine

Discordian
Both my bikes came with armadillos (nimbus on my Sirrus and Roubaix on my, err Roubaix) and all 4 supplied tyres delaminated. None of them lasted anything like 5000 miles nor were any of them visibly worn out when the tread started falling off. In my opinion they are dangerous. They also give a bone hard ride. On the plus side only one of them ever had a puncture but then nothing can stop hawthorns.

I take it you were out here?

Mr Celine

Discordian
[QUOTE 2996175, member: 9609"]Yes, both the Avatar and the pic of the bike were taken there, my favourite road. The tyre thing was down wooler way. I take it you know the road ?[/QUOTE]
I recognised the view of the Cheviot in the background. I've never cycled on that road, but I do occaisionally do the 4 Abbeys Route which is a 60 miler from my house. Next time I'll go that way for a change.

Top Bottom