The Trauma of Trawden

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Great story this! :becool:
Learn from my mistakes! :thumbsup:

I love it when people ask the question "Did I bonk on my 10 mile ride?" Answer (a) Probably not in 10 miles anyway, but mainly (b) If you have to ask, then no, it wasn't bonking!

Bonking/Hitting the Wall is so extreme and so sudden that there is no mistaking it. This is what runners look like when it happens to them, so imagine having to deal with a bike too!

I did this once a couple of years ago having only just bought my bike and not really as into it as now....I did 55 miles in 4 1/2 hours and with about 7 miles to go and the prospect of a long climb into Lount I was spent both physically and mentally and never really fully appreciated fatigue until that day! My symptoms were similar to yours- couldn't move, had to have a day off work, etc....such a price to pay for such naivety I suppose!

Sillyoldman

Veteran
Wow what a great read. I spent my first 21 years near Halifax before migrating darn sarf. Know those roads well and in parts they are very steep. Not been there for a few years but there was a cracking pub close to a part of that route that did great grub. Was called Ye old Silent Inn or similar.

OP
OP
ColinJ

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Wow what a great read. I spent my first 21 years near Halifax before migrating darn sarf. Know those roads well and in parts they are very steep. Not been there for a few years but there was a cracking pub close to a part of that route that did great grub. Was called Ye old Silent Inn or similar.
I've never been in there but it sounds like it might be a good place to stop off at on a forum ride, or perhaps a walk to Haworth from Hebden Bridge! Website.

Top Bottom