The trekky thread...

Best series?

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

col

Legendary Member
bonj said:
oh for god's sake delete this thread RIGHT NOW.

Come on bonj,a bit of sci fi is enjoyable,escapeism or just plain fun,lighten up,give it go,you might just find you enjoy it:smile:

twowheelsgood

All but deep throat nine were pretty good; that was just tedious space soap opera to me. Voyager was good (especially the cast which was almost as strong as TNG) but had so many opportunities to be better.

Brock

The original Star Trek is worth glancing at for a laugh, Uhurauooooeee! Otherwise it's just another excuse to dump the Telly and save the license fee for bandwidth.

Tetedelacourse

I only watched the original and some of TNG and I agree that TNG is probably more polished, with better storylines and characters. But the original kicked it all off and as there would be no franchise without that first series, plus having been able to enjoy Gene Roddenberry's pervy eye for costumes (female) it gets my vote.

wafflycat

TNG. The one I don't like is DS9 and the others are good, but TNG is the best.

A 'friend' :ohmy: is a true afficionado.. Teach Yourself Klingon tape, Starfleet Academy Training Manual... Technial Specification of the USS1701-D, loads of videos & DVDs :biggrin::blush::biggrin::blush:

What's the difference between a Trekky and a Trekker?

They meet Marina Sirtis at a Convention and a Trekky will ask what Sex is like on a Holodeck, the Trekker asks what sex is like!

purpleR

Guru
ST:TNG obviously.
Voyager was possibly the worst programme ever on tv. Ever. The captain had a weird squeaky voice and those awful patronising moralising stories made me feel sick.
Oh and the acting, dear God, the acting...

Melvil

As for me, don't really consider myself a trekky but still quite enjoy watching them....

Star Trek TOS - come on....it's rubbish, eh?? I mean, really, Kirk gets to snog an 'alien' female every other episode and Spock, well, let's not go there.
Star Trek TNG - The best, in my opinion - not as 'dark' as DS9 but on the other hand, characters that were more interesting, a great captain (come on, is there really any competition between Patrick Stewart and the others???) and innovative for its time.
DS9 - 'dark' as said, had a continuing story arc, which was refreshing, and new enemies, but still not really that dark and so much more could have been done with it.
Voyager - Great ideas, but immediately annoying captain (chew some lockets, love) and Harry Kim, wtf? Seven of Nine was when the shark was totally jumped, if you ask me.
Enterprise - Scott Bakula should have rested with Quantum Leap instead of going on to this. Early episodes promising but temporal cold war totally pointless and messed up the other franchises as well as turning viewers off in droves.

There is my completely unbiased and authoritative opinion...not.

Top Bottom