The Trending column.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The trending column is always full of threads that I've hit the ignore button on. Brexit, Meghan Markle, the Queen dying!!! Showing up in there means that I am not ignoring them. Some of those threads go on for ages and say very little new.
Is there anyway to stop ignored threads appearing in that column, or how can I ignore the whole column.
Trending is a device for brain dead twitbookers to ensure that they do not miss a single word on any topic. Bit of a contradiction if the stuff in there has been set to ignore.
Can someone look into this, please?

:smile:
I ignore/block no-one but have mused about being about able to block entire threads started by one or two bods.
No idea if that's possible

D

Deleted member 26715

Is there any irony that a thread about the Trending column is currently top of the Trending column?

What is more ironic is that I have never noticed there even was a Trending column until this post complaining about it brought it to my attention, however I am sure I have the willpower not to view it again

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
:smile:
I ignore/block no-one but have mused about being about able to block entire threads started by one or two bods.
No idea if that's possible
Simples, there's an "ignore thread" button at the top of the page, next to the "watch" button. I've worn the print off mine from repeated pressing.

Last edited:

lazybloke

Considering a new username
r
The trending column is always full of threads that I've hit the ignore button on. Brexit, Meghan Markle, the Queen dying!!! Showing up in there means that I am not ignoring them. Some of those threads go on for ages and say very little new.
Is there anyway to stop ignored threads appearing in that column, or how can I ignore the whole column.
Trending is a device for brain dead twitbookers to ensure that they do not miss a single word on any topic. Bit of a contradiction if the stuff in there has been set to ignore.
I doubt anyone uses 'Trending' to monitor a thread for new updates, as the link only ever goes to the original post.
Better to use "What's New" or watch & alerts so you can go straight to the first unread reply.

Or for a more general view of trending activity, "What's New" (which does take notice of 'ignores')

:laugh:
May I suggest a different way of looking at it? It's like a news report on "What is trending in the crazy world of those hipsters over at Cyclechat!"
Like a sort of "Those crazy foreigners!" section of a newspaper.

It's not intended to be *useful*.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
r
I doubt anyone uses 'Trending' to monitor a thread for new updates, as the link only ever goes to the original post.
Better to use "What's New" or watch & alerts so you can go straight to the first unread reply.

Or for a more general view of trending activity, "What's New" (which does take notice of 'ignores')
Same here, I just click "what's new" and then you're seeing the newer stuff and also blocking out any ignored content you might have excluded.
It's generally only the most abrasive and argument-causing content that makes it into the trending list anyway, so it's quite a nice habit to simply not bother looking at it.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...

Similarly, the Similar threads suggestions..

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Mod Note:
Sorry, at the moment the forum's software does not allow for putting the trending threads on ignore.
You could try ignoring those forum sections like we used to do in the old days with newspapers, by not reading the bits we found boring?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom