The true size of each country.....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spinney

Bimbleur extraordinaire
Hmm. But it uses Mercator Projection (or something similar) which makes the sizes of countries near the poles look far too large, so it is only really good for comparing countries at similar latitudes.
Great idea, just wrong map projection!

e.g compare the map on that site with a Peters Projection map - easiest comparison is to look at the size of Greenland on both maps.

Edit: I take it all back - I didn't play enough!! Excellent site, shrinks Greenland as you move it south!
Peters-Projection-Map.jpg

Last edited:

Rickshaw Phil

Overconfidentii Vulgaris
Hmm. But it uses Mercator Projection (or something similar) which makes the sizes of countries near the poles look far too large, so it is only really good for comparing countries at similar latitudes.
Great idea, just wrong map projection!

e.g compare the map on that site with a Peters Projection map - easiest comparison is to look at the size of Greenland on both maps.
View attachment 386251

If you select the country of your choice and drag it round the map it changes the size to show how the mercator projection distorts things. Interesting site.:okay:

FishFright

More wheels than sense
In that world doesn't the sea drain away? :unsure:

The same as when it's the other way up .. ie Many, many pipes and pumps. Also plumbers, lots and lots of plumbers. Why else are they always busy when anyone needs one?

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
[QUOTE 5070409, member: 43827"]I thought that countries, drought areas, deserts etc. were all measured in terms of Wales.[/QUOTE]
Or the equivalent in Belgiums

Top Bottom