The ultimate interview - Krishnan Guru- Murthy vs Richard Ayoade

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

@Turbo Rider is right. It went viral for that reason. Besides his comedy prowess and creativity in the arts and entertainment, he is known for his intelligence, sharp turn of mind and his extreme reticence when it comes to himself and his family. He accepting the interview for his book was a surprise and the notion that he might have commercially caved in was probably the start but Tarantino payback was the other in Krishnan's mind. None of it panned out and true to form Richard did not play the race / multiculturalism / diversity card. Interviewers always have a PC item as an emergency backup as most people will fall in faithfully when it comes to PC. He did not.

Another interesting thing about the interview was Krishnan acknowledging defeat twice quite early as well. And it still did not help.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
@Turbo Rider is right. It went viral for that reason. Besides his comedy prowess and creativity in the arts and entertainment, he is known for his intelligence, sharp turn of mind and his extreme reticence when it comes to himself and his family. He accepting the interview for his book was a surprise and the notion that he might have commercially caved in was probably the start but Tarantino payback was the other in Krishnan's mind. None of it panned out and true to form Richard did not play the race / multiculturalism / diversity card. Interviewers always have a PC item as an emergency backup as most people will fall in faithfully when it comes to PC. He did not.

Another interesting thing about the interview was Krishnan acknowledging defeat twice quite early as well. And it still did not help.

I think that you are reading too much in that mediocre interview. It was a bit of a non event.

AndyRM

XOXO
I remember being vaguely amused when I first saw it air. It only 'went viral' because people on the internet are idiots, proved by Krishnan having to explain the joke.

OP
OP
A

Arrowfoot

I think that you are reading too much in that mediocre interview. It was a bit of a non event.

Some would not get it in view of the cryptic exchange on a number of levels. The comment about Norwegion pop is a case in point. Bear in mind Richard did Law in Cambridge and would know what is libel and slander. I think he realised that Krishnan would know enough as well.m

In essence, there is reason why it went viral.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Some would not get it in view of the cryptic exchange on a number of levels. The comment about Norwegion pop is a case in point. Bear in mind Richard did Law in Cambridge and would know what is libel and slander. I think he realised that Krishnan would know enough as well.m

In essence, there is reason why it went viral.

I'm familiar with the back story. It still doesn't make a good interview. I'm also unaffected by the degree or the University. He and Guru doo dah just come across as a pair of unctuous twats.

downfader

extimus uero philosophus
I'm familiar with the back story. It still doesn't make a good interview. I'm also unaffected by the degree or the University. He and Guru doo dah just come across as a pair of unctuous twats.
Its not meant to be a good interview. Its means to be an act of mild mannered British anarchy

Top Bottom