1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Unhealthiest Drink in America

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by red_tom, 4 Jun 2008.

1. red_tom

red_tom New Member

This is freaking incredible. From here

[​IMG]
    Baskin Robbin’s Large Heath Bar Shake (32 oz)
    2,310 calories
    266 g sugar (66 teaspoons!)
    108 g fat (64 g saturated)

According to the article, you'd need to spend approximately 4 hours on a treadmill running at a moderate pace to work off the calories in this baby. :biggrin:

2. dodgy

dodgy Veteran

Well it almost sounds like 'health', so it can't be all that bad.

Dave.

3. Milo

Milo Veteran

I did for a mo think that said health shake.

4. tdr1nka

tdr1nka Taking the biscuit

That's a rather harrowing milkshake you got there :biggrin:!

5. mondobongo

mondobongo Über Member

Pretty much breakfast dinner and tea in one go, ideal for those with a hectic modern lifestyle.

Seriously now this link the at bottom of the article on Mens Health is interesting.

6. dan_bo

dan_bo How much does it cost to Oldham?

I just had paliatations LOOKING at that milkshake!

7. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

slurp burp :biggrin:
    By comparison, I just bought an "isotonic drink" from the coffee bar* here at work... cycling home later today (17 miles) and I'm knackered for some reason... hoping for zillions of calories, but it's got less than 100....:biggrin:

*I rarely waste my money on this type of stuff!

8. palinurus

palinurus Guru

Stick one in yr' bidon and you won't need to stuff your pockets with bananas and flapjacks.

What must it taste like? If I stick two spoons of sugar in my tea it tastes pretty sweet. I just tried spooning 30 into a cup, It was practically full after. I considered adding water and making some tea but then I woulda had to go buy more sugar.

9. Mort

Mort Interstellar Overalls

Astonishing!

240: The number of minutes you’d need to spend on a treadmill burning it off, running at a moderate pace.

I doubt that anyone who'd drink one of them would survive one minute on a treadmill, let alone 240!

Having said that I always enjoyed the american breakfasts in diners when I was there and I usually doubled up on hash browns as well. I lost loads of weight when I left - wonder why ?

10. Globalti

Globalti Legendary Member

When I visited my (fat) brother in the USA I sat next to a (very fat) bird on the plane who guzzled her way through something like that then proceded to demolish a large bag of flapjack. I was tempted to ask her if she was in training to cross the Arctic on foot.

11. alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye nothing in moderation Staff Member

it's less than (according to my aldi bike comp) i burn during a club run, but not much less…