the vuelta is a more exciting race than the tour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Nah

Supersuperleeds

Legendary Member
Shame the ITV coverage has been so poor, I know they are reliant on other people, but the amount of key bits of the race missed in a highlights package is awful.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
All grand tours are exciting but without a doubt, the TDF is the most prestigious.

The Couch

Über Member
This year I liked all of them... but - in general - in the last years the parcours of the Vuelta and the Giro have been much more exciting than the Tour.

I just hope the Tour organizers draw conclusions of the success of this edition and make the next years similar
(and no more "TdF Light" editions like in 2012)

OP
OP
kedab

kedab

Veteran
This year I liked all of them... but - in general - in the last years the parcours of the Vuelta and the Giro have been much more exciting than the Tour.

I just hope the Tour organizers draw conclusions of the success of this edition and make the next years similar
(and no more "TdF Light" editions like in 2012)
I believe that this is definitely a massive part of the reason the Vuelta and Giro feel more exciting but is it not also because the TdF is so prestigious and teams are so cautious about their approach to and tactics while in it, that it doesn't generate the same excitement? Whereas in the Giro and Vuelta, the riders and teams seem to have a more balls out attitude to the racing?

P.S - i thought this years tour was immense and a much more entertaining affair than 'bradleys tour'. taking nothing away from the moody mod, i like him lots but Froomedogs exploits were quite extraordinary at times

Hont

Guru
I think the enhanced coverage of the Tour often makes it seem more exciting. Even when nothing much happens the media will construct a story out of a fairly routine occurrence.

there doesn't seem to have been as much 'riding through huge expanses of nothing much with the occasional bull cut-out on a distant hilltop' scenery this year, the Vuelta has taken a leaf from il Giro by going for great scenery which is also tough riding terrain.

however, rider 15's exploits have made me shun the last couple of days

Top Bottom