The walk of shame

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
don't beat yourself up about it... I make sure i have my camera on hot days just in case it all gets too much and I just need to stop and take a photo. The views are often better halfway up than at the top anyway.

The real shame is doing a 180 degree turn halfway up in favour of a flatter route! (which i've done on numerous occasions)

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Nothing wrong with working a different set of muscles.
You were cross training.
You weren't having your arse handed to you on a plate, oh deary me no!! :biggrin:

Cubist

Still wavin'
For me I have a mass of gardening to do,(interrupted by the play off final currently) but most importantly a day off rugby tomorrow,, so I'm dragging Cubester off over a few hills.

Every single one of your excuses would be sufficient in their own right Numbuts!

postman

Legendary Member
Oh the shame the shame I had to walk up a hill for the first time :cry:

my excuses

1. I'm old
2. it was hot 32c
3. I was tired
4. had just ridden 30 miles
5. I've got emphysema
6.I have a prolapsed disc
It's ok you were giving the bike a well earned rest.Very kind of you.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Good point well made.
It's important not to over stress the cranks. Or the chain.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Last time I walked up a hill a bunch of really serious roadies came riding up so I pretended I was engrossed in eating blackberries from the hedge.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Today I got off for the first time to walk down a hill.

It was Garrowby Hill and I was not convinced that my brakes, despite being adjusted before the ride specifically for this ride, were man enough for me to feel comfortable on a fastish descent nor did I want to melt the tyres to the rim by heavy braking.

It was only for the worst bit and I forgave myself the moment I got back on the bike. The view from the hill is stunning BTW.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
After all my planning to go out i ended up taking kids to park then went round to my mums, who apparantly has gone on holiday but told everyone else but me :cursing:

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
What a carry on for a wee walk up the hill :rolleyes: next time just kid on you have a flat, pump it back up at the bottom :laugh:

Top Bottom