The Weekend

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rooster1

I was right about that saddle
Why is it that every weekend seems to exclude any possible cycling time of late.

Every weekend seems choc-a-bloc with family stuff (yes, it's more important).

Anyways, I was just getting over the disappointment of not getting out last weekend, only to realise its Mothers Day this Sunday.

Can't really get a way with sneaking out at 7am for a 50 miler can I!

Shaturday is a no-goer also.

Sulking.

rugby bloke

Veteran
I know the feeling ... its a shame you cannot book out 2 hours cycling time that cannot be used for anything else !

Snizzlepops

Ohhh I think we all know those frustrations!! I have been busy most weekends since New Year and with hurting my arm just after NY, I am close to finally getting back out there on my free weekends! We are visiting in-laws Saturday out at a pub for a meal, going to my folks Sunday- cooking for Mothers Day. If we are sneaky (and the weather holds out) we might take our bikes with us as they are close to some good routes we haven't explored yet!

Katherine

Guru
It is frustrating.
I've told my son that I'm looking forward to seeing him in the evening, so I can have a ride in the morning. But I never went out for more than 2 hours before kids went to uni.
Can you negotiate for every other Sunday, or even once a month.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I have missed many a club run as Saturday is a no go and Sunday the wife has a tendency to not wake up till after i should have already been at the rendezvous point .With 2 young kids im not going anywhere .
What really farks me off is they always organise family get together meal/ party for Sunday lunch , why not Saturday evening ?:cursing:

Top Bottom