The well done Norwich City thread!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
We're up!! Better write this while still sober- can't believe it and so proud of my team and fine county. Winning goal scored by Nelson- who else. It's all the sweeter cos promotion achieved in the same grotty place (with all due respect to Charlton fans and londoners of course) where we were relegated last year. You can keep yer arsenals man utds and chelseas- City til I die!!:wacko:

"Letsbe Avenue!" Well done - like Delia's cakes. :thumbsup:

Davywalnuts

Chief Kebab Taster
yes yes yes yes yesss! am over the moon at this! thought we had mucked it up at orient but what a way to go, promotion at the ground we got relegated at!

on the ball city!

mangaman

Come on you yellows.

I was watching the TV with my sister's kids when the final whistle blew and the camera went to Charlton's ground with the caption

"Norwich are promoted".

I started bouncing around the living room, hugging my nephew and cracking open a beer. I think they were a bit scared actually. :blush:

OTBC

Will1985

Über Member
:laugh::blush: On the ball City!

Extra sweet to do it at the place where we were relegated last season.
Let's just hope we secure that top spot next week - it's pretty cool to say the club started the season on the bottom and ended up on top.

Could do with converting some of those loans into buys though....

mangaman

Sorry Colly - I hope Leeds do it.

I'd rather you went up with us than Milwall, frankly and I don't think Swindon or Charlton are good enough.

I'm sure this year you'll do the business!

I think if we both go up it will be interesting next year. I think Beckford seems to be believing the publicity about himself since that goal at Old Trafford. Arguably that was the worst thing that could have happened to you. Everything seems to have gone wrong since then.

Don't know what you think, but if I was a Leeds fan I would try and cash in on him this summer and let Grayson buy a few players insstead. I think we've both got decent young managers who we'll hopefully both keep.

mcshroom

Bionic Subsonic
Congratulations. I wonder what those fans who threw their season tickets at the manager after your first game are thinking now :smile:

As for coming up with you, don't rule us (Huddersfield) out yet. We're not going up automatically but having just secured our play-off place our form is as good as anyones atm :laugh:

mangaman

mcshroom said:
Congratulations. I wonder what those fans who threw their season tickets at the manager after your first game are thinking now :biggrin:

As for coming up with you, don't rule us (Huddersfield) out yet. We're not going up automatically but having just secured our play-off place our form is as good as anyones atm :smile:

Too right . It was great to see Colcester not make it after their childish antics continue to rumble on when they lost their manager to a bigger club - that's football I'm afraid. :laugh:

I think 2nd is wide open - no-one seems to want it. I'd like to see Lee Clark doing well, especially after his time at Norwich. I think he is a good manager and a decent bloke.

I think automatic promotion will be tough for you from here though, but Huddersfield will be my favourite team for the playoffs.

colly

Re member eR
mangaman said:
Sorry Colly - I hope Leeds do it.

I'd rather you went up with us than Milwall, frankly and I don't think Swindon or Charlton are good enough.

I'm sure this year you'll do the business!

I think if we both go up it will be interesting next year. I think Beckford seems to be believing the publicity about himself since that goal at Old Trafford. Arguably that was the worst thing that could have happened to you. Everything seems to have gone wrong since then.

Don't know what you think, but if I was a Leeds fan I would try and cash in on him this summer and let Grayson buy a few players insstead. I think we've both got decent young managers who we'll hopefully both keep.

Thanks Mangaman I hope they do as well.

They may do it but it will be down to the last day/ matches.
All nail biting stuff one way and another.:becool::biggrin:

Yes that result against Man Utd is where it began to go awry.
I have a feeling the players, at that stage, believed their own publicity and thought the league was won. Always a bad thing.
Mind you having watched them play Milwall...........if that's what they can offer they will be the whipping boys next year even if they do go up.:biggrin::smile::smile:
I have seen pub sides play with more strategy and composure. :laugh:

As for Beckford............... he might have scored a hat full of goals but he misses a shed load for everyone he puts away. He is at the end of his contract too so Leeds will have to say bye bye with no cash sweetener.

Greedo

Glow worm said:
We're up!! Better write this while still sober- can't believe it and so proud of my team and fine county. Winning goal scored by Nelson- who else. It's all the sweeter cos promotion achieved in the same grotty place (with all due respect to Charlton fans and londoners of course) where we were relegated last year. You can keep yer arsenals man utds and chelseas- City til I die!!:becool:

Paul Lambet for Celtic Manager :laugh: only joking but loved him with us. So underated at times because he was not in a glamerous roll but what a midfielder and he could do this!!!!!!!!!

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L8J0X1fxkQM

View: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqasA5JSZZI

Only palyer to get a send off like he did with Borussia Dortmund

mangaman

colly said:
As for Beckford............... he might have scored a hat full of goals but he misses a shed load for everyone he puts away. He is at the end of his contract too so Leeds will have to say bye bye with no cash sweetener.

I didn't realised he was going to be out of contract :biggrin:

I think you should have sold him the next working day after the Man U game and bought Lambert at Southampton (looks a serious goalscorer) and you would still have had money left over I reckon.

Top Bottom