The Who - A music moment !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
On the way home this evening, I had my latest purchase playing, The Clash, live at Shea Stadium USA. Its been in the Car CD player for about a month now and I'm pretty Clashed out! Anyhow, digging deep in the glove box, I found The Who, 'Who's Next'. I have not heard this CD for about a year. Wow, I just completely forgot how good this CD is, in fact I was blown away by Mr Daltrey's voice, fantastic. Its lovely when you have these music moments. It made the journey home tonight go with ease!

Dave5N

Über Member
Fantastic album.

Baba O'Reilly and Behind Blue Eyes are masterpieces. Very rarely strays far from my stereo. Funny when I think about it, but I've lived my life listening to it, and a few others.

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
"Won't get fooled again" is the greatest rock and roll song...................................Ever!

Renard

Yeah great album, the Who at their best along with Tommy and Quadrophenia. My only disappointment is after the allegations re. Pete Townsend I never quite saw them in the same light, which is a shame. I wonder if there are any Gary Glitter fans out there who can still listen to his music in the same light (not exactly a great analogy but you get my drift).

OP
OP
N

Nicensleazy

Yes, I know where you are coming from on that subject. Keith Moon dead, John Entwhistle dead and the Townsend allegations. Just leaves Roger who stikes me as a decent guy!

mikeitup

Veteran
re

Nicensleazy said:
Yes, I know where you are coming from on that subject. Keith Moon dead, John Entwhistle dead and the Townsend allegations. Just leaves Roger who stikes me as a decent guy!

To be fair they don't put you on the sex offenders register just because of allegations.

I don't know about him. Have you seen McVicar? ;)

Smokin Joe

Legendary Member
If you stopped buying records or listening to them because of the dubious pasts of the artistes you would have a big hole in your collection.

Jerry lee lewis married his thirteen year old cousin, Chuck Berry was jailed for pimping a fourteen year old, Bill Wyman was dating Mandy Smith when she was 13 (maybe they just held hands) and Elvis was allegedly knobbing his future wife when she was still a minor.

Noodley

This is heading to P&L. Quite rightly so IMO.

Top Bottom